George Michael Rushed To The Hospital After Mysterious Collapse

George Michael was rushed to the hospital on May 22 from his London mansion following a 999 call from a family friend. These days George Michael is known for his run ins with the law, and his personal troubles rather than his soulful voice that introduced hits like “Freedom” and Wham!s “Faith.” Since George’s 1998 arrest for indecent exposure, the artist has struggled in the public eye with his sexuality and drugs.

In an emergency call paramedics arrived at 8 am to Michael’s mansion after the singer collapsed. The paramedics spent four hours with the star, and then decided to take George to the hospital for further treatment. It is not known what caused the mysterious collapse or his hospitalization.

According to The Mirror, Michael’s agent would not disclose what caused any information on the singer’s collapse. The only statement that was given about the Wham! star’s condition is that he was in the hospital for routine tests.

This angle could very well be true as this isn’t the only time George Michael has been hospitalized. In fact, back in 2011 the singer, 50, almost died from a bout with pneumonia. In addition he also has a long history of battling depression and drug addiction. It was not stated whether or not those two issues were at hand for his recent collapse and hospital stay.

Another statement was given by a spokesperson from the ambulance service that sent out the paramedics that assisted the singer:

“We were called just before 8am. We sent two ambulance crews and staff treated a man, who was taken to hospital.”

The mysterious hospitalization had George Michael fans worried as they took to Twitter to express their concern for the troubled artist.

@david__austin @GeorgeMichael i was more than worried and i am worried for George now, i wait news from you both more than soon,

— Adriana Mihalea (@AdrianaMihalea) May 29, 2014

@GeorgeMichael hope your feeling better george thinking off you xxx

— LINDA LEE (@pinlkitten) May 29, 2014

Please get better @GeorgeMichael I can’t explain how much you and your music mean to me. ❤️❤️

— Rose (@RoseEHeart) May 29, 2014

Fortunately Michael’s hospitalization was brief, and hours after the news hit that George was hospitalized, information about his discharge from the hospital was being reported.

In a statement his spokesperson gave some information about his May 22 hospital stay and some hope for his fans:

“In response to newspaper reports today we can confirm George was admitted to hospital on 22nd May. He was discharged last weekend and is well and resting. He is very much looking forward to the release of his new single in July.”

[Image via Bing]