A man who trespassed at Selena Gomez’s brand new Calabasas, California home, has been convicted following his arrest at the weekend.
Che Cruz, a 20-year-old transient man, was arrested on Sunday inside a guest house on Gomez’s property after Los Angeles police arrived at scene.
According to E! News, Cruz was sentenced on Wednesday to 45 days (one month and 15 days) in county jail after pleading no contest to a misdemeanor charge of unauthorized entry of a dwelling house.
The trespasser was also given three years’ probation, is banned from possessing weapons of any kind, and has been ordered to stay away from the 21-year-old according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, the outlet adds.
It was previously reported that Selena returned to her new, five-bedroom Calabasas mansion on Sunday with a friend, when they heard a noise.
Before security investigated Cruz knocked at the door of the house and asked for her. After the friend told the man she wasn’t there, he left but later ended up in the guest house where sheriff’s deputies reportedly found him in a bathroom.
Authorities referred to the actress-singer’s Calabasas home as a “property being purchased by Gomez,”E! notes.
It’s not the first time Selena has been the subject of unwelcome attention.
In January, police arrested another man for allegedly trespassing at the former Disney star’s Tarzana, Calif., home.
Those keeping up with either the activities of Gomez or her on-off beau Justin Bieber will know the Canadian recently sold his mansion in The Oaks – a gated enclave – to Reality TV star, Khloé Kardashian.
The “Come & Get It” singer may well be looking heavenward of late given recent events.
It was later confirmed the young star has been ordered to testify at a deposition connected to a lawsuit filed against Bieber by a paparazzo named Jose Osmin Hernandez Duran who is suing Bieber in a civil assault and battery case launched last June.
E! News revealed: “Selena has been ordered to appear on April 23, 2014, to be deposed in Los Angeles.”
Duran claims he was drop-kicked by Bieber in the parking lot of a Calabasas shopping mall during a confrontation with the then 18-year-old heartthrob in May 2012.
Gomez – who was on a date with Justin at the time – is now set to deposed and questioned by Duran’s lawyer on what she allegedly heard, and saw, her relationship with Bieber, and any other probes.
In addition, following Bieber’s now infamous appearance at a Miami deposition for a lawsuit filed by paparazzo Jeffrey Binion – who alleges the singer ordered his bodyguards to attack him after he was spotted taking photos last June — Selena is set to be deposed in the same suit.
Binion’s attorney, Mark DiCowden told Radar Online: “I will be serving Selena Gomez next week. She witnessed Justin Bieber attack a photographer back in 2012.”
On a happier note, Selena won out as Favorite Female Singer at the Kids’ Choice Awards on Saturday. The brunette hung out with actress Lily Collins the next day.
The pals posted Instagram pics of their meet, with Collins writing: “Love you @selenagomez. So proud and inspired. Can’t wait for what’s to come. By your side.#proudfanrightback…” in reply to Selena’s now deleted photo which was captioned:
“Lily + Selena = friends forever #proudfran #myidol.” Shortly after, Gomez posted a black and white snap of the pair.