Utah Trucker, Timothy Jay Vafeades Accused Of Keeping Sex Slaves

A Utah Trucker has been accused of keeping sex slaves in the back of his semitrailer as he traveled across the country.

Timothy Jay Vafeades has been charged by authorities of keeping several different sex slaves over a period of months. The trucker is said to have filed down their teeth, made them change their appearance and routinely beat them into unconsciousness. After being arraigned in US District court in Fargo, N.D, Vafeades has been transferred back to his home state of Utah.

The Washington Times reports the charges filed against the trucker include kidnapping, transportation for illegal sexual activity, and possession of child pornography. The Utah man could serve a life sentence if he is convicted of all the crimes he’s been accused of committing.

An arrest warrant against the trucker that was filed earlier this week detailed the start of Vafeades alleged kidnapping. The trucker’s 19-year-old female relative, who had come from Florida to work with him on his rig was the first of a string of women the Utah native held hostage.

The teen said after she told the Utah Trucker she wanted to go home, he strangled her until she blacked out and used threats and violence to keep her with him for the next six months while they traveled to Washington state, Nevada, Texas, Tennessee among other states.

Time magazine says the Utah resident was first arrested on November 26 in Minnesota when a police officer realized the teen had requested a restraining order all the way back in 1999 against Vafeades.

The teen said that while she was being held by the trucker, she was forced to have sex with him more than 100 times. Vafeades also chipped down her teeth and made her wear a false set. The Utah man would also wear his own set of falsies that were made to look like vampire fangs, according to the teen.

The US attorney’s office says that since his arrest, another woman has come forward and alleged that the trucker kidnapped and held her against her will for three months after the pair met at a Salt Lake City, Utah rest stop in 2012.

That woman claims the trucker had dinner with her and said he would give her a ride. Once they were in his rig he told her she was going to be with him for more than a week. After three months she was finally allowed to leave.

The woman says the Utah trucker called her his slave and forced her to have her hair cut and colored in order to disguise her identity. She also claims he forced her to marry him.