Paul Walker wouldn’t want his fellow actors to abandon the Fast and Furious franchise after his untimely death, says Tyrese.
The fate of the franchise briefly hung in the balance as Universal Pictures tried to figure out how to approach the upcoming sequel without Walker. Although many thought the studio might scrap the project altogether, apparently the film is still moving forward.
During his conversation with The Insider, Tyrese Gibson said that his good friend would want everyone to continue with Fast and Furious 7. Figuring out how to properly handle Paul Walker’s death has definitely been rough for all involved. However, the actor reportedly completed a significant portion of the flick before his fatal car accident.
“Thank God close to 85 percent of the movie was shot with him in it. The fans are really going to feel like they’re still experiencing Paul Walker and Brian O’Conner in this franchise and make the best of it,” Gibson reveal, though he didn’t say how writers plan to phase out the character.
The Fast and Furious alum said that he’s continuing to struggle with Paul Walker’s passing. Since he said there’s truly no way to prepare for something this devastating, coping with the loss has proven extremely difficult.
“Crazy thing is, I pulled out a photo album last night, and I got all of these pictures from when we first did ‘2 Fast 2 Furious’ over 10 years ago. You would never ever think, one day he’s not going to be there anymore… I think at the end of the day, Paul would want us all to keep going,” Tyrese explained.
According to the International Business Times, Gibson said he knows how producers plan to tackle the loss of Paul Walker in Fast and Furious 7. Of course, he’s currently unable to share any details with the public at the moment.
“I do, but I can’t go into it. I can’t speak on nothing. It’s all being figured out. It’s an uncomfortable process but it’s all being figured out,” Tyrese said.
Production on the next Fast and Furious flick came to a halt after Walker’s death in November of last year. However, The Inquisitr recently reported that filming will reportedly resume this April. According to Universal, Paul’s character will definitely appear in the sequel.
“Continuing the global exploits in the franchise built on speed, Vin Diesel and Paul Walker lead the returning cast of ‘Fast and Furious 7,’ which will be released by Universal Pictures on April 10, 2015,” the studio said in a statement.
Do you agree with Tyrese that Paul Walker would want his co-stars to continue with the next Fast and Furious flick?
[Image Via inspiritoo.com]