Demi Lovato Shares Stage With Ex-Boyfriend’s Brother, Fans Continue To Celebrate ‘X-Factor’s’ Demise

Demi Lovato recently began her Demi’s Neon Lights tour, and during its opening night in Vancouver on Sunday she surprisingly took to the stage with her ex-boyfriend’s brother.

Nick Jonas appeared in the Canadian city with Lovato, despite the fact that she was previously involved with his kin, Joe. The duo even decided to sing several songs together, which included “Stop The World,” “Catch Me,” and “Here We Go Again.”

She explained to MTV why she asked Nick to join her, stating, “He had visions for this tour and he threw out some ideas and they were really good and we just thought ‘Why don’t you just do the whole tour, please?’ so it’s turned out amazing and like 90 percent is his work.”

Also, Lovato reportedly convinced her close friend Selena Gomez to recently go to rehab. A struggling Gomez is believed to have been assisted by the former X-Factor mentor, and Lovato’s guidance to her childhood friend eventually resulted in her rehab stint.

A source told In Touch, “Demi helped her find the strength to do it. Demi told her it’s OK to be honest about having a problem.” Demi has had her own issues and she previously attended rehab too. The insider noted that the duo have actually bonded over the issues too, and it’s helped to bring them even closer together.

Meanwhile, Demi Lovato’s fans have continued to rejoice the demise of The X-Factor, the show that the singer served as a judge and mentor on between 2012 and 2013.

Lovato confirmed that she was going to leave the show in December so that she could spend more time on her music career. But a rapid drop in ratings because of the fierce competition from The Voice, American Idol and America’s Got Talent has lead Simon Cowell to return to the UK’s version of The X-Factor.

A hoard of Lovato’s fans instantly took to Twitter to celebrate the fact that the show has now come to an end, just a few weeks after she left:

This is what happens when Demi Lovato leaves RT “@THR: Fox Cancels ‘The X Factor’ http://t.co/BvZkcyORrV

— Daybed (@hausofdavid) February 8, 2014

[Image via Jaguar PS/Shutterstock]