Mother Of Three Shot And Killed By Fellow Female Fan Over Alabama Loss

Birmingham, AL -- A mother of three was shot and killed by a fellow female fan over the University of Alabama's loss to Auburn University on November 30.

Police arrested 28-year-old Adrian Laroze Briskey Monday and charged her with murder in the death of 36-year-old Michelle Shepherd. She is being held at Shelby County Jail on $75,000 bond. Briskey allegedly became angry because Shepherd and her sister, Neketa, were joking about the Crimson Tide's 28-34 loss to the Tigers.

With no time left on the clock, Auburn returned a missed Alabama field goal attempt more than 100 yards to win the game. Although Michelle Shepherd loved Alabama, she also loved the Miami Heat, and her sister said the Tide's loss wasn't as bad as if the Heat had lost.

Neketa Shepherd said she and her sister had been invited to the party by a mutual friend who also invited Briskey. There were about two dozen people at the party. Shepherd also said Briskey took several shots during the game and went crazy when she heard people joking about the 'Bama loss.

"I was saying I wasn't even mad (about the loss). Like when The Heat lost in game four, I was sick to my stomach,'' Shepherd told "She started cursing. Her friends said she always did that when she got drunk and they took her outside."

Authorities said after the argument moved outside, the two women got into a physical altercation before Adrian Briskey shot Michelle Shepherd. Neketa Shepherd said that wasn't the case. She and her sister got into their car to leave, but were blocked by people standing in the parking lot. Shepherd was worried about hitting someone, so she and her sister got out of the car to ask them to move. They spoke to some friends when gunshots rang out.

"She just started shooting. I heard five shots," 31-year-old Shepherd said. "She was like 10 feet away. My sister never touched her, and she never touched my sister. They never had words."

Shepherd said she ran to her sister and that she and another woman tried to stop the bleeding until paramedics arrived.

"I was telling her, 'Don't leave me. Don't leave the kids. I need you,''' she said. "They couldn't bring her back."

Michelle Shepherd had two boys and one girl, ages 9, 7, and 4. The children spent the weekend with their father.

"We all feel like we lost our world,'' Neketa Shepherd said. "I want her legacy to live on. And I want justice."