The cast of MTV’s Jersey Shore are heading to Florence, Italy for the shows 4th season, however rules imposed by the cities mayor could make for a yawn inspired season.
Mayor Matteo Renzi listed several rules in the Italian newspaper Corriere Della Sera which included:
- The cast will not be filmed in bars and clubs that serve alcohol.
- The cast will not be filmed drinking in public.
- The show will not be filmed to promote Florence as a drinking town.
- The show should be filmed in a manner to promote Italy (not Americans visiting Italy) and feature its culture and good food.
- The cast is barred from filming inside any historic buildings.
It will be interesting to see how Jersey Shore producers proceed at this point in time considering the average episode involves large amounts of alcohol both in the home and at various bars.
It will be interesting to see how many of these rules MTV breaks, after all it’s not everyday MTV executives are attempting to film in Florence.