Alec Baldwin Thinks ‘Up Late’ May Not Return To MSNBC

Alec Baldwin Up Late MSNBC

Alec Baldwin seems to think that his chat show Up Late may not return to MSNBC.

The cable network decided to pull the plug on the program following the controversy that erupted around the actor’s anti-gay slur. Although MSNBC decided to suspend the show for two weeks, Baldwin thinks the network could cancel the program altogether.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Alec Baldwin expressed his concerns during a blog post over at The Huffington Post on Saturday. While MSNBC has yet to weigh in on the fate of Up Late, the former 30 Rock star appears a little concerned about its future.

Alec Baldwin wrote:

“Whether the show comes back at all is at issue right now. But if the show dies, its fate ends up being no different than the vast majority of start-up TV programming, and so be it. We do take a small amount of pride in knowing that we beat CNN in the ratings each of our nights. (I forget who they had on at that time.) Don’t allow my problem to be MSNBC’s problem. They are good people who work hard at a job, just like many of you.”

The Inquisitr previously reported that Alec Baldwin issued an apology for using an anti-gay slur during a recent confrontation with a photographer outside of his Manhattan apartment. Video released by TMZ showed the actor calling the shutterbug a “c***sucking f**.”

In an attempt to calm the waters, Alec Baldwin released a statement through MSNBC.

“I did not intend to hurt or offend anyone with my choice of words, but clearly I have — and for that I am deeply sorry. Words are important. I understand that, and will choose mine with great care going forward. What I said and did this week, as I was trying to protect my family, was offensive and unacceptable. Behavior like this undermines hard-fought rights that I vigorously support. I understand ‘Up Late’ will be taken off the schedule for tonight and next week.”

Not only did Baldwin draw the ire of CNN host Anderson Cooper, he also irritated the folks at GLAAD once again. Although the actor apologized for using the slur, Rich Ferraro didn’t seem willing to let Baldwin off the hook so easily.

“Alec Baldwin still needs to take real action. MSNBC has sent a message that anti-gay slurs carry consequences, and that’s an important standard to uphold at a time when LGBT people continue to face disproportionate levels of bullying and violence just because of who they are,” Ferraro said in a statement.

Do you think Alec Baldwin should lose his MSNBC show as a result of his recent behavior?

[Image via NBC Television]