Two Charged In Red Sox Parade Street Fight

Two men have been charged for their alleged roles in a brawl on a Boston street during or after the Red Sox World Series duck boat parade. The violent melee was caught on cell phone video.

Red Sox Nation celebrated the team’s incredible worst-to-first 2013 MLB championship on November 2, and an incident of this nature marred the festivities.

Amid the crowd of onlookers, one man can be heard on the audio claiming that a victim who was “curb-stomped” might be dead. Someone indeed could have been killed, but fortunately that wasn’t the case. Two victims received treatment at Massachusetts General Hospital for non-life threatening injuries. The Deadham (Mass.) Patch summarized what happened: “Witnesses told police a man had walked by the victim and punched him in the head, knocking him to the ground. A second suspect then kicked the victim repeatedly in the head before running and getting into a vehicle on nearby Broad Street.”

The Boston Herald reported that “Liam Browne, 23, of West Roxbury, and Kieran Boyle, 21, of Dedham, were arraigned [on November 5] in Boston Municipal Court on charges of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, prosecutors said both are charged with kicking the heads of men who were already down during the brawl on Milk Street… Police continue to investigate, and prosecutors said additional charges and defendants are possible.”

The prosecutor’s office described the incident that apparently occurred outside of Coogan’s bar as “at least one large brawl, and it may have broken off into two or more smaller brawls.” In addition to the cell phone video, authorities are reviewing surveillance footage and interviewing witnesses to the attacks.

According to CBS News, “Browne is out on $1,000 cash bail. Boyle is being held on $4,000 cash bail.” The judge ordered the duo allegedly involved in the Boston Red Sox parade brawl to stay away from the victims. They are scheduled to return to court in January.

[[thumbnail image credit: Ben Schumin]