Man Dies After Drinking $50K Of Crystal Meth By Mistake

Crystal Meth rock

A man in Britain has died from mistakenly drinking over $50,000 worth of liquid crystal meth, having mistaken it for a health drink.

Romano Dias, aged 55, was given the deadly bottle of meth by his daughter Katee, who found it in a package which had been delivered to her home.

After downing about half the contents of what appeared to be a fruit-based health drink Dias began to feel sick, he passed away shortly afterwards.

On further analysis of the bottle, it was found to have contained a huge amount of pure liquid methamphetamine. After consuming the liquid Dias said to his partner, “I am in trouble here. I am dying, I am dead.”

The package had been sent to the correct address but the name of of the person to whom it was addressed was different. Having received the parcel a good six months before the fatal incident Katee thought that someone would come and collect the package.

Katee, perhaps foolishly, but innocently, passed the “fruit drink” to her father not knowing it was pure liquid meth. Detective Inspector Ian Simmons from the British police told the Huntington Coroner’s Court: “I would say it is highly likely it was destined for a dealer.”

He continued: “It is unique, this is not an event that happens in Cambridgeshire or elsewhere.” adding that crystal meth is a drug rarely encountered by the police in the British county of Cambridgeshire.

Police confirmed that there was no suspicion on their part that Dias was in any way involved with the illegal drug: “This was a completely unaccountable and unforeseen chain of events” They said.

The coroner and police authorities concluded that Mr Dias’s death was accidental as noted by Coroner William Morris: “This is a dreadful case.”