Lana Del Rey reportedly turned down the chance to play one of her songs as Kanye West popped the question to Kim Kardashian. However, the singer said that never happened.
Although an anonymous source claimed that the “Video Games” singer rejected the rapper’s request to play the event, she said there’s absolutely no truth to these reports.
According to Digital Spy, Lana Del Rey was recently approached by a swarm of reporters and paparazzi. In the midst of the chaos, someone asked the singer about the situation.
“I would never deny his request. That’s not true,” she told inquisitive reporters about the rumor.
So where did this rumor start? The Inquisitr previously reported that an anonymous source told Radar Online that Lana Del Rey turned down the opportunity to play “Young and Beautiful” during Kanye West’s proposal to Kim Kardashian in San Francisco on October 21. This forced the rapper to hire a 50-piece orchestra.
“Lana politely declined, and didn’t give any reason for not being able to perform. It was a very firm no from Lana and her camp. Kanye did try to push it, but didn’t get anywhere. Kanye decided to hire an orchestra to perform the song for Kim, and he was much happier with how it turned out,” the insider dished.
Even though Lana Del Rey didn’t perform the song in question during the epic surprise proposal, Kim Kardashian said yes. However, that doesn’t mean West wasn’t a little nervous about what she might say when he finally asked the reality television star to be his wife.
West reportedly told Ryan Seacrest:
“I was nervous. I was talking to her cousin. I was like, ‘I don’t know, what do you think she’s going to say?’ I’m not arrogant about love and feelings at all. I’m confident in the work I put so much work into, but this is someone else’s feelings. You never know what someone else may feel at the time. I just knew I wanted her to be my girl for a long time.”
Now that Lana Del Rey has squashed this chunk of drama, Kanye West and Kim Kardashian can now move on to the upcoming legal battle with the co-founder of YouTube. Chad Hurley didn’t receive an invitation to the event, but he was reportedly allowed to stay after signing all sorts of confidentiality agreements.
According to The Associated Press, Hurley later posted a two-and-a-half-minute video of the proposal on MixBit. West and Kardashian are reportedly “seeking unspecific damages” from the uploaded clip. If it’s not one thing, then it’s always another.
Do you think Lana Del Rey turned down the chance to play Kanye West’s surprise proposal to Kim Kardashian late last month?