NASCAR Fan's Death At Talladega Caused By Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

A Nascar Fan's death at Talladega this weekend may have been caused by carbon monoxide poisoning.

According to WNCF TV, a man and woman were found unresponsive inside their motor home this weekend at Talladega. The man was pronounced dead at the scene while the woman was taken to a hospital in Birmingham.

The Tennessean reports that authorities were alerted after the couple was found by a friend.

Talladega County authorities believe that the couple used a gas stove to heat the camper overnight. The vehicle's exhaust system was not working properly and the vehicle filled with carbon monoxide.

The man has not been identified yet and no updates have been released on the woman's condition.

This isn't the first time that someone has died while camping at a NASCAR event. Back in May, a 28-year-old Georgia man disappeared t the Superspeedway. Nicholas Bower was found dead about 10-days later in a creek about a mile from the campground.

Some called for the Superspeedway to revise their camping policies but no changes have been made so far.

Price Mason, a public relations coordinator for Talladega Superspeedway, said: "This was one of those things that you can't really anticipate happening."

The Talladega Superspeedway has close to 15,000 camping spaces around the track.