The Survivor cast announced Wednesday will contain some names very familiar to fans of the long-running CBS reality show.
The latest season of the competition, called Blood Vs. Water, features 10 former contestants who are coming back to compete against their loved ones. That’s where the show gets its “blood is thicker than water” subtitle, and for producers hopefully the twist will generate some drama as well.
Heading up the Survivor cast is Rupert Boneham, who is back for what will be his fourth stint on the show (he also appeared in the Pearl Islands, All-Stars, and Heroes Vs. Villains seasons). He will be competing with Laura, his wife.
Other returning players include Tyson Apostol (from Tocantins and Heroes Vs. Villains) competing with his girlfriend Rachel Foulger. Gervase Peterson, who appeared on Survivor: Borneo, will be back as well to compete with his niece Marissa.
There are also some other CBS shows represented on the new Survivor cast. Kat Edorsson, who appeared on Survivor: One World, will be competing with her boyfriend Hayden Moss, who Big Brother fans will remembers as the winner of Season 12.
This season will bring the return of Redemption Island, where contestants voted off the island will have a chance to seek redemption and another shot at the $1 million grand prize. It comes with a twist — the loved one gets to choose if they want to save their partner and take their place on Redemption Island.
This twist was introduced in the show’s 22nd season, which premiered in February 2011 and was brought back for the Pearl Islands season, but has been dormant ever since.
Here is the full Survivor cast:
1. Tyson Apostol (Tocantins, Heroes vs. Villains) and girlfriend Rachel
2. Tina Wesson (Australian Outback, All-Stars) and daughter Katie
3. Kat Edorsson (One World) and boyfriend Hayden (Big Brother Season 12 winner)
4. Rupert Boneham (Pearl Islands, All-Stars, Heroes vs. Villains) and wife Laura
5. Gervase Peterson (Borneo) and niece Marissa
6. Colton Cumbie (One World) and fiancé Caleb
7. Aras Baskauskas (Panama–Exile Island) and brother Vytas
8. Monica Culpepper (One World) and husband Brad
9. Laura Morett (Samoa) and daughter Clera
10. Candice Cody (Cook Islands, Heroes vs. Villains) and husband John
Information and interviews with the new Survivor cast can be found here. The show opens with a 90-minute premiere on Wednesday, September 18 at 8 pm.