Crash survivor Asiana flight.

Crash Survivor Says Intercom Announcement Claimed That Plane Landed Safely

Minutes after the crash landing of Asiana Flight 214 an announcement was made that the plane had landed safely, according to a survivor.

The passenger told ABC News that the announcement also reiterated that everyone should remain in their seats, but he knew that something was not right, as flames could be seen outside the plane and smoke was making its way into the cabin.

Lee Jang Hyung, 32, was sitting with his wife Lee Jee Young, 33, and his 15-month-old son in the front row of the plane’s economy class section. His parents-in-law were sitting in business class.

Hyung, who was clearly shaken by the events, said that he and all of his family escaped alive, but his mother-in-law suffered some bruises.

“Just minutes before landing, I looked out the window and realized the plane’s angle was strangely tilted. The seawater level did not look right,” said the crash Hyung, a Korean citizen who lives near Berkeley, California.

The crash survivor says that suddenly the tail end of the plane hit the ground, which made the aircraft bounce upward and then hit the ground with a bam.

“This time it felt like the entire plane hit parallel, but tilted to the left. That pressure was huge. Very strong. I saw luggags fall from the top. And the plane gradually stopped. Until then, there was no warning. The drop happened without a warning,” he said.

Still stunned by the crash, he said, “We heard an announcement saying the plane has safely landed and everyone should stay put.”

Hyung said he put an oxygen mask on his young son and ran to the door.

“But I was turned back to my seat by the flight attendants. Right when I came back to my seat, I saw smoke and fire outside the right window. The flames were spreading and smoke started to come inside the aircraft. I grabbed my wife and son and ran to the exit door. By then, they had slides ready,” he said.

The crash survivor said that his in-laws saw that one of the flight attendants get injured when some kind of computer fell on her while she sat in her assigned seat.

Hyung complained that the passengers ordeal didn’t end when they left the plane and they had to wait for hours with no food or diapers for his child. After complaining, authorities finally got him clean diapers, but he was told that all survivors had to be interviewed by the FBI.

The injured were taken to hospitals, but the other passengers “are all waiting for directions,” the crash survivor stated.

[Image via Twitter]