According to Chris Christie, President Obama is struggling to lead and fumbling his job — but the hot and cold Jersey Gov. has followed his former bestie’s lead in making a Spotify playlist for constituents.
The Chris Christie playlist is part of his ongoing effort to revitalize the Jersey Shore after Hurricane Sandy swept through the state last fall.
And while Christie and Obama were bestest buds in crisis — peace was even brokered between the conservative pol and the man he both idolizes and is shunned by, Bruce Springsteen — the love affair is over.
But the Springsteen love remains. Christie’s playlist breaks mix tape rule number one by including several songs by the same artist, which is of course, The Boss.
On Christie’s selection of Spotify tracks is not one but three Springsteen joints — as well as a mix including Black Eyes Peas and Frank Sinatra.
Available to stream for Spotify users, Chris Christie’s “Down The Shore, Everything’s Alright” tracklisting boasts:
- “Backstreets” — Bruce Springsteen
- “Under the Boardwalk” — The Drifters
- “Psycho Killer” — Talking Heads
- “The Fever” — Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes
- “Jersey Girl” (Live) — Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
- “Where the Streets Have No Name” — U2
- “Summer of ’69” — Bryan Adams
- “Let’s Get It Started” (Spike Mix)— Black Eyed Peas
- “Have a Nice Day” — Bon Jovi
- “Darkness on the Edge of Town” — Bruce Springsteen
- “Summer Wind” — Frank Sinatra
- “Carry On” — Fun.
- “National Anthem” — The Gaslight Anthem
- “Treasure” — Bruno Mars
Like Chris Christie’s taste in music, whether you agree with him on political issues or not? You can click here to open the “Down The Shore, Everything’s Alright” Spotify playlist.