Bruce Springsteen was silenced after breaking curfew at the London Hard Rock Calling festival last year but the head of the E-Street Band doesn’t seem to be to miffed with the organizers.
Bruce has agreed to headline the London Hard Rock Calling Festival this year and he shouldn’t have to worry about an early curfew.
According to the Huffington Post, the London Hard Rock Calling Festival will be changing venues this year due to friction between the organizers and the neighborhood residents.
The festival, which was held in Hyde Park last year, will be heading to a new location in London’s Olympic Park. Hopefully, this year’s concert won’t run into any late night noise issues.
Springsteen and the E Street Band were playing at the festival last year when they started receiving complaints about the noise. Springsteen had already broken the 10:30 curfew but still had a special guest (Sir Paul McCartney) to invite on stage.
The Beatles singer joined Springsteen on stage and the two performed “I Saw Her Standing There” and “Twist and Shout” in front of an ecstatic audience but then the lights went off, and the sound was cut, and Bruce and Paul were forced to leave the stage without an explanation.
At the time, E Street Band guitarist Steve Van Zandt said:
“Is there just too much fun in the world? We would have been off by 11 if we’d done one more. On a Saturday night! Who were we disturbing?… I’m sorry but I have to be honest I’m pissed. Like I said, it didn’t ruin the great night. But when I’m jamming with McCartney don’t bug me!”
Live Nation Entertainment is hoping that no one will bother Van Zandt this year at the concert.
The SF Gate reports that the London Hard Rock Calling Festival will be held on the weekend of June 29. In addition to Bruce, music fans will also get to see Paul Weller, the Black Crows and the Alabama Shakes.