French Montana has responded to the fatal drive-by shooting which took place after his recent concert in Philadelphia.
The rapper said he was on his tour bus when the shooting took place. French Montana addressed the incident on his official Twitter account. He explained that he was not involved in the man’s death.
“My bus was located in the vicinity of the incident that took place last night in Philadelphia. I had a peaceful concert and was not involved. My deepest thoughts and sympathies go out to the families of the victims, as well as all of those who were affected.”
According to Vibe, the shooting took place outside of a Holiday Inn following the French Montana concert on Friday. Authorities said someone in a vehicle fired shots into a crowd of fans who had gathered nearby.
Jowann King was shot in the stomach during the incident. The 26-year-old had attended the French Montana show at the Theater of the Living Arts earlier that evening. King later died as a result of his injuries. Another individual was also wounded during the shooting.
WENN reports that people in the crowd fired back at the unidentified gunman. Authorities are now searching for the individuals responsible for the fatal shooting. Officers believe that the owners of a “dark, four-door sedan with tinted windows” are connected with the crime.
Although French Montana was not involved with the shooting, authorities explained the rapper and his entourage will continue to assist police during the investigation. No arrests have been made in connection with the crime as of this writing.
The incident in Philadelphia occurred days after a fatal drive-by shooting in Las Vegas. The Inquisitr previously reported that rapper Kenny Clutch was killed during a drive-by shooting outside of an area casino. A suspect was later arrested by police in Los Angeles.
Are you a fan of French Montana?
[Image by Facebook]