Posted in: Crime

Houston Family Fights Back Against Home Invasion, One Dead

Houston Family Intruder Gunned Down

A Houston home invasion turned deadly for one of three assailants on Thursday evening, February 21.

The incident occurred in a home at the 3900 block of a Brook Garden family, KHOU reported on Friday, February 22.

Houston police said the incident began with a knock on the front door as the family was baking a cake.

The father opened the door telling police he saw “a young boy and I think it is a friend of my son so I open it a little bit.”

“These guys push and out comes two more, they push me on the ground,” the father said.

The suspects then “went for the mother,” KHOU reported, at which point the couple’s 21-year-old son ran for his father’s weapon in the back bedroom.

Once there, the son opened fire killing one of the assailants and causing the other two to retreat.

Houston police later pulled over a car matching the description of the getaway vehicle and took the other two suspects into custody, Fox News added.

The Inquisitr reported earlier this week about an elderly Dallas man, who shot and killed a single intruder.

The Castle Doctrine, a current American law that allows victims of home invasion to use deadly force for self-defense and property protection, was cited as cause for not issuing charges in the Dallas and Houston incidents.

On Friday, Texas neighbor Arkansas privatized gun permit records for more than 130,000 permitted residents.

Do you believe the Dallas and Houston incidents this week are good reasons to conceal gun owner information, or does the public have a right to know?

[Image via Flickr Creative Commons]

Articles And Offers From The Web

Comments

2 Responses to “Houston Family Fights Back Against Home Invasion, One Dead”

  1. Anonymous

    Finally, some criminal justice that is not otherwise provided by the system.