Is Robert Wagner a suspect in the Natalie Wood death investigation? Lt. John Corina of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Office says Robert Wagner is the only person who was on the yacht the night Wood drowned in 1981 who has not spoken to authorities as part of the latest Natalie Wood investigation. The media speculate that this makes Robert Wagner a suspect.
The story so far is that Natalie Wood drowned while she was yachting with Wagner and Christopher Walken. Robert Wagner told police investigators at the time that Natalie Wood fell off the dock while trying to re-tie a dinghy, and her death was ruled an accidental drowning.
As previously reported by The Inquisitr, findings from a new Los Angeles County Coroner’s report into the death of Natalie Wood have concluded that bruising found on the actress could have occurred before she fell into the ocean, suggesting she may have been assaulted. The captain of the yacht, Dennis Davern, painted Robert Wagner as suspect when he told a television program he had overheard Wood and Wagner arguing before she died and he believed Robert Wagner was to blame.
According to TV Guide, Blair Berk, an attorney for Robert Wagner, says that the actor has cooperated with officials, had no new information to add, and refuses all interviews:
“Mr. Wagner has fully cooperated over the last 30 years in the investigation of the accidental drowning of his wife in 1981. Mr. Wagner has been interviewed on multiple occasions by the Los Angeles sheriff’s department and answered every single question asked of him by detectives during those interviews.”
Police have not officially identified Robert Wagner as a suspect. In fact, according to UPI, when Lt. John Corina was asked Friday if Robert Wagner would be investigated in the newly reopened case of his wife’s death the answer was a blunt “no.” So, at this point, Rober Wagner is only a suspect when it comes to media speculation.
Do you think that police should make Robert Wagner a suspect in the reopened Natalie Wood death investigation?