Microsoft has already released a host of gaming and non-gaming apps on Xbox Live, but soon the company plans to release more. A whole lot more actually.
From now until spring 2013, Microsoft says that it will be rolling out new apps on Xbox Live on a fairly regular basis and that a total of 43 apps will be made available in that time frame. Some are region-specific, and others will be more or less global.
To kick things off, Microsoft has released the CNET, Karaoke, Maxim, and SkyDrive apps. The SkyDrive and Karaoke apps will be available in all Xbox Live regions, although Japan and the United Emirates will be missing out on the Karaoke app.
CNET is available in the United States and Canada, while Maxim is US only.
Napster also recently launched with availability limited to the United Kingdom and Germany. Several other existing apps have had their supported regions bumped, such as VEVO (expanded to Spain, Italy, France) and CinemaNow (expanded to Canada).
Most of the apps in the pipeline are non-gaming, which shouldn’t be too much of a surprise since Microsoft seems to be keen on turning the Xbox 360 into an entertainment console.
Here’s the full list of apps due to hit Xbox Live by spring 2013, as per Xbox Live’s Major Nelson.
1. All3M (United Kingdom, United States)
2. Ameba TV (Canada, United States)
3. ARTE (Germany, France)
4. Azteca (Mexico)
5. Canalplay Infinity (France)
6. CBC’s Hockey Night (Canada)
7. CrunchyRoll (Majority of Xbox Live Regions)
8. Deezer (Majority of Xbox Live Regions)
9. Eredivisie Live (Netherlands)
10. Fightbox (Austria, Germany, Spain, France, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, United Kingdom)
11. Flixster (United States)
12. GameTrailers (Australia, Canada, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Japan, Mexico, United Kingdom, United States)
13. Globosat Muu (Brazil)
14. Gulli Replay (France)
15. HBO Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden)
16. IndieFlix (Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States)
17. Livesport.tv (Austria, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Spain, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Sweden, United Kingdom)
18. Machinima (Majority of Xbox Live Regions)
19. Maxim (United States)
20. MTV (United States)
21. MyTF1 (France)
22. MyTF1VOD (France)
23. Napster (Germany, United Kingdom)
24. Pathe Thuis (Netherlands)
25. PBS (United States)
26. PopcornFlix (United States)
27. Rai TV (Italy)
28. Sainsbury (United Kingdom)
29. Saraiva (Brazil)
30. SBS (Netherlands)
31. SF Anytime (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden)
32. Slacker Radio (Canada, United States)
33. SPORT1 (Austria, Germany)
34. The CW Network (United States)
35. Televisa (Mexico)
36. TV3 (Spain)
37. Viaplay (Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden)
38. Vidéo à la Demande d’Orange (France)
39. Vimeo (United States)
40. VIVO Play (Brazil)
41. Watchever (Austria, Germany)
42. Zattoo (Germany)
43. Ziggo (Netherlands)