Bachelor in Paradise Season 4 star DeMario Jackson is defending his actions on set. As many fans know, the production was shut down following sexual misconduct allegations reportedly made by one of the show’s producers. The allegations involved DeMario Jackson from Rachel Lindsay’s season of The Bachelorette and Corinne Olympios from Season 21 of The Bachelor.
According to reports, DeMario Jackson and Corinne Olympios got very drunk during the first week of filming Bachelor in Paradise Season 4 and began to get a bit physical. The duo took their steamy hookup to the swimming pool, where things got even more heated and possibly crossed a line. One producer reportedly thought there was something off about the couple’s encounter. Now production has been shut down and an official investigation has been launched, with Corinne and DeMario at the heart of it.
Recently, Corinne Olympios spoke out claiming she was the victim and that she did not consent to any sexual contact with DeMario Jackson. However, DeMario tells a very different story. The Bachelor in Paradise star says he wants the footage of him and Corinne’s hookup to be released so that people would stop questioning his moral character. Jackson maintains that Olympios was lucid and consenting to their sexual encounter and believes the footage will back up his story.
TMZ reports that DeMario has decided to obtain legal counsel because while Corinne has not blamed him for the incident yet, he doesn’t want to take any chances going forward. Jackson calls the situation “unfortunate” and says that he is taking legal action to clear his name.
— EntertainmentTonight (@etnow) June 14, 2017
“It’s unfortunate that my character and family name has been assassinated this past week with false claims and malicious allegations. I will be taking swift and appropriate legal action until my name is cleared and, per the advice of legal counsel, will be seeking all available remedies entitled to me under the laws.”
E! Online reveals that neither DeMario nor Corinne have seen the actual footage, and that Olympios says she doesn’t remember much from the night in question. The Bachelor in Paradise star calls the situation her “worst nightmare” and reveals that she is currently seeking therapy to deal with what happened and move on with her life.
“I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened the night of June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production.”
— Corinne olympios (@CorinneOly) February 27, 2017
While Bachelor in Paradise Season 4 production has been suspended, sources are telling Reality Steve that the show will absolutely be cancelled for the season, if not for good, upsetting the cast and fans alike.
What are your thoughts on DeMario Jackson wanting the Bachelor in Paradise footage to be released?
[Featured Image by Craig Sjodin/ABC]