The United Kingdom faced yet another heart-breaking tragedy after a series of attacks terrorized London, which was believed to be carried out by radical Islamists, it has been alleged.
On Saturday night, London was rocked by two terror attacks leaving six people killed and several injured. Reports revealed that the violent attack was conducted by three male suspects, all of whom were shot and killed.
New information suggests that the violent London attacks were triggered by a meme sent out by a pro-ISIS channel. Allegedly, the meme urges Islamists to use trucks to “kill the civilians of the Crusaders.” Additionally, it suggested the use of guns and knives in carrying out the terror attacks.
SITE Intelligence Group’s Rita Katz shared the chilling meme of the alleged pro-ISIS channel. The image depicts a handgun, a knife, and a white truck with a message that many considered to be connected to the London attacks.
“Kill the Civilians of the Crusaders, Run Over them by Vehicles. (Gain Benefit from Ramadhan)”
It remains unclear whether or not the said meme was intentionally sent out to encourage the violent acts but with its images and message, one would think that it was indeed related to the London attacks. However, nobody has officially claimed responsibility for the attacks yet, including ISIS.
In addition to the meme, the Islamic State reportedly warned the U.K. of more attacks a few days before last night’s terror incidents in London. According to reports, the group’s weekly magazine, Al Naba, published an article commending last month’s attack on Manchester Arena.
— Rita Katz (@Rita_Katz) June 3, 2017
Apparently, the group vowed to continue targeting the U.K. and other “Crusader” countries who go against ISIS. The article even reiterated the threat, saying that the Manchester bombing should serve as a “lesson” to the leaders of the countries fighting the terrorist group.
London became the target of what appeared to be a coordinated attack done separately at the London Bridge and Borough Market on Saturday night.
According to reports, a van veered off the road of the iconic London Bridge around 10 p.m. The van plowed through a crowd of pedestrians before just as someone exited the vehicle and began stabbing innocent bystanders.
Incidentally, terror attacks were also reported at Borough Market. The lively district of bars and restaurants located just south of the bridge was terrorized by suspects who went on a stabbing spree around the area. Witnesses recalled how the attackers entered the restaurant yelling, “This is for Allah!” and randomly stabbed people.
Another witness claimed that one of the suspects at Borough Market was carrying a “massive knife” as he entered a cafe and stabbed two people inside. Customers inside the establishment reportedly sheltered in the basement before the police arrived at the scene.
Sources also revealed that the suspects were wearing “hoax explosive vests.” One of the suspects was even photographed lying on the ground with canisters strapped to his body.
In total, the London Ambulance Service said 48 people were taken to five hospitals and 80 medics were sent to the scene to assist those who were injured.
— BBC Breaking News (@BBCBreaking) June 4, 2017
World leaders were quick to express their sympathy to the victims of the London attacks and condemn the ruthless act of violence by the terrorist groups.
U.S. President Donald Trump already offered help to the U.K. and took the opportunity to raise his proposed travel ban from six mostly-Muslim countries.
“Whatever the United States can do to help out in London and the U.K., we will be there – We are with you. God bless!”
The U.S. State Department also expressed their stand on terror attacks, reiterating that the country “stands ready to provide any assistance authorities in the United Kingdom may request.”
“The United States condemns the cowardly attacks targeting innocent civilians in London this evening.”
The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, already released a statement about the incident, calling it a “horrific terrorist attack.”
“We don’t yet know the full details, but this was a deliberate and cowardly attack on innocent Londoners and visitors to our city enjoying their Saturday night. I condemn it in the strongest possible terms. There is no justification whatsoever for such barbaric acts.”
— Sadiq Khan (@SadiqKhan) June 4, 2017
[Featured Image by Dan Kitwood/Getty Images]