PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale developer SuperBot Entertainment announced on its blog that a new patch for the recently-released brawler is due out around early next week.
The post says that PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale patch 1.02 will fix a few bugs, add in a few features, and improve the quality of network performance. In addition, patch 1.02 will also introduce a new item called “Medusa’s Gaze.”
Although mostly a patch intended to polish up the game, the upcoming PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale patch will also come with a few nerfs for Sackboy. With the changes, SuperBot expects that Sackboy’s super meter generation will be more in line with how it should be.
In the post, SuperBot offered its thanks for all of the constructive criticism, and encouraged fans to keep it coming.
“We’ll continue to closely monitor the data coming in as players online continue to kick-punch-chop their way through the leaderboards,” SuperBot wrote. “We ask that you keep tweeting, posting, and discussing ways that your experience with the game can be improved.”
Here are the patch notes, as per the blog post:
– A new item, Medusa’s Gaze, has been added to the game
– View Invites has been added to the Party Bar Menu
– Voice chat icon added to loading screens
– AI logic enhancements
– Network performance improvements
– Issue where players were stuck with a different character than the one picked has been addressed
– Issue with matchmaking in regards to player skill has been addressed
– Overall improvements to network connectivity
– Level 1 Super – Increase cost from 100 to 150 AP
– Level 2 Super – Increase cost from 325 to 400 AP
– Level 3 Super – Increase cost from 600 to 750 AP
– Jam Session (Neutral Triangle) – Reduced AP generation from 25 down to 10 AP
– Cakeinator (Neutral Circle) – Reduced AP generation from 25 down to 20 AP