Chris Brown Probation Worries Over

Chris Brown Will Not Be Charged In Cell Phone Swipe Accusation

Singer Chris Brown will not be prosecuted for allegedly snatching a woman’s cell phone outside a Miami club earlier this year.

The accusation was made by Christal Spann back in February. Spann told police that Brown had grabbed her cell phone after she tried to take pictures of him leaving the club “Cameo.”

Span later said that Brown had, “reached through his car window and snatched her phone from her hands.”

A police report related to the incident confirmed that the 23-year-old performer was accused of “robbery by sudden snatching.”

However, on Friday, the Miami-Dade State Attorney — Katherine Fernández Rundle — announced by memo that an investigation had produced insufficient evidence to pursue a criminal case against Brown.

In addition, Miami authorities say they were unable to establish that Brown had either taken the phone or tried to forcibly delete any photographs from it.

This news will undoubtedly come as a relief to Brown. Had he been prosecuted, it could have triggered a violation of his probation for his 2009 assault on Rihanna.

The Daily Mailreports that Brown’s attorney, Mark Geragos, said: “We are grateful for the decision and the thorough investigation.”

Cameo Club in Miami Where Chrs Brown Was Accused Of The Cell Phone Theft
Comments