As the anticipation for the release of a new Assassin’s Creed game intensifies, more and more unofficial details about it emerge. The latest reports revealed that the upcoming Ubisoft game will have Assassin’s Creed Origins as its official title and is expected to feature a “vast open world.”
A fresh report from WWG cited their unnamed sources who suggested that the new video game is “a vast open world experience taking place in ancient Egypt.” Purportedly, the story will “revolve around the original assassin’s guild.” The game could also feature two main protagonists — one male and one female character.
Aside from this, the highly-anticipated game release from Ubisoft is also said to offer “more freedom” to players, giving more attention on exploration. “Not only is Origins rumoured to boast an explorable ancient Egypt, players will also apparently be able to go beyond it – possibly even as far as Greece,” WWG said.
Naval combat can also be expected upon Assassin’s Creed Origins’ release as boats are said to be coming back letting the players sail the Mediterranean. The report also shared the following.
“Its structure is said to be less linear, featuring a character progression system less tied to the story. A development source we spoke to compared it numerous times to Bethesda’s Skyrim. They say that impressions of the project internally are so far positive.”
Assassin’s Creed Origins is the largest AC title that the game studio has ever made, the report further revealed, also noting that it is “huge” in terms of scope.
— Liam Robertson (@Doctor_Cupcakes) May 6, 2017
The AC game taking place in an Egyptian setting was previously referred to as Empire, which is its alleged code name. In October last year, screenshots surfaced online hinting the development of the game. Moreover, a report from PlayStation Lifestyle cited a listing from a Swiss retailer WOG which shows a Q4 2017 release window for the Ubisoft game, which was listed as Assassin’s Creed Empire.
Also supporting news that the game will be set in Egypt is an internal video shown to WWG by one of its sources. An alleged teaser for Assassin’s Creed Origins, the report shared that the video, which shows a combination of CGI and gameplay, started by showcasing various scenes of Egypt. It was then followed by visuals showing different historic periods and places such as a WW2 era France, an Asian country and a “modern day Abstergo Industries facility.” There’s no certainty yet if this video in question will be released to the public.
A Gold edition of Assassin’s Creed Origins could be set for release as well if the words from a Reddit user known as Sirusavath are to be believed. Claiming he works for a company making pre-order materials to be provided to retailers, the user shared the following info, among other interesting tidbits, to a Reddit mod.
“Last bit of note is the reservation is for the Gold edition of the game which has the base game, the season pass and comes in a steelbook packaging. No idea what the price will be. This isn’t the first time that I’ve found out about a game thanks to my work and in past experiences, the game is usually announced before our printer ships the cards, or shortly after. I believe these are scheduled to shipped on the 30th so the official announcement should come by then.”
Assassin’s Creed Origins has reportedly been in the works for “at least” several years already. As for its release date, the timeline floating around these days is Fall 2017. The game is expected to show up as well at the quickly approaching video game event E3 2017, slated to happen from June 13 to 15.
Are you looking forward to a new Assassin’s Creed video game?
[Featured Image by David McNew/Getty Images]