Posted in: Business

Cyber Monday Sales Predicted To Reach Record $2 Billion

Cyber Monday Sales Predicted To Reach Record $2 Billion

Cyber Monday sales are coming to us this year only in a week. Since Amazon.com is an online-only retailer, it has been running Black November sales all month long. But Walmart and several other retailers are announcing their Cyber Monday sales soon. According to the Daily Gossip, analysts are estimating that this year’s Cyber Monday sales could reach over $1.4 billion, setting a new record for the holiday shopping season.

Black Friday sales will still be popular, but the number of Cyber Monday shoppers are expected to increase greatly. Online sales will most likely receive a boost this year because people will want to avoid cold weather conditions and crowded stores. Customers also desire to stay away from crowded malls and mob conflicts. Three percent of those surveyed claim they are tired of people taking items out of their carts, whereas another three percent are afraid they might have to fight over the latest popular gadget.

The Internet is quickly becoming people’s favorite means of shopping, especially as smartphones and tablets have become easier to use. According to analysts, 65 percent of customers will use their desktop or laptops to buy products, whereas the remaining 35 percent will be shopping mobile.

In 2009, customers spent $889 million on products they purchased online through Cyber Monday sales. By 2011, this number had grown to $1.25 billion. For 2012 analysts feel they have many reasons to be optimistic and are predicting at least $1.4 billion in sales.

According to I4U News, Adobe today released its Adobe Digital Index 2012 Online Shopping Forecast focused on the United States and Europe. Adobe’s Digital Index “analyzed more than 150 billion website visits to more than 500 Adobe retail customers over the past six years in order to forecast sales growth figures and online shopping spikes for the upcoming season.”

Taking the history of Cyber Monday sales, the Adobe Marketing Cloud uses predictive analytics technology, and the power of Big Data, to identify patterns that can predict future results. For example, such techniques predicted that Obama was expected to win re-election. Adobe expects Cyber Monday sales for 2012 to reach $2 billion, growing by 18 percent year-over-year.

Articles And Offers From The Web

Comments