With WWE Elimination Chamber 2017 officially over and the SmackDown LIVE roster focused on WrestleMania 33, the next few weeks should determine exactly how John Cena, Randy Orton, and new WWE Champion Bray Wyatt will fit into the card in Orlando on April 2. Having won the Royal Rumble Match just over two weeks ago, Orton has been guaranteed a shot at the WWE Championship in one of the main events for WrestleMania 33. John Cena will be owed a rematch, however, and Commissioner Shane McMahon already told AJ Styles that he would get a title rematch outside of the Elimination Chamber. Plus, on the episode of Talking Smack that aired immediately after Elimination Chamber 2017, Daniel Bryan insisted that there’s no way of saying for sure that Wyatt won’t be forced to defend the title before WM33.
Of course, Bray Wyatt wasn’t the only new champion crowned at Elimination Chamber. Naomi earned her first title since joining WWE when she defeated Alexa Bliss for the SmackDown Women’s Championship. While there is certainly time between now and WrestleMania, will Alexa wait to enforce her obligatory rematch to ensure she has a high-profile match in Orlando? Or will Bliss want to get her hands on Naomi as soon as possible?
If Alexa Bliss doesn’t challenge Naomi at Mania, there are plenty of other competitors that would be willing. After defeating Mickie James on Sunday night, former champion Becky Lynch has to be considered one of the top contenders. And if the feud between Nikki Bella and Natalya can determine a winner, perhaps that would qualify them for a title shot. But after their double count-out finish at Elimination Chamber, it doesn’t appear as though their program is ending anytime soon.
As always, 205 Live will air on the WWE Network immediately following SmackDown LIVE on USA. Last week, Jack Gallagher won a Fatal 5-Way Elimination Match to become the new No. 1 contender for Neville’s WWE Cruiserweight Championship. At the same time, the feud between The Brian Kendrick and Tajiri continues to heat up, with the introduction of Akira Tozawa making things even more interesting.
The February 14 — Valentine’s Day — episode of SmackDown LIVE airs from the Honda Center in Anaheim, California. The two-hour program will air live on the USA Network beginning at 8/7c.
RELATED REPORTS BY THE INQUISITR
- WWE: Who Should be in the WrestleMania 33 Main Event?
- Conor McGregor & Hulk Hogan in WWE — Undertaker vs. Cena, Lesnar vs. Goldberg at WrestleMania [WWE Rumors]
- WWE: Should Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg at WrestleMania 33 be a Universal Title Match?
- WWE Raw Results: Two Fastlane Matches Booked and Samoa Joe vs. Roman Reigns
- Total Bellas Recap: Daniel Bryan Retirement, Nikki Bella Injury, and John Cena’s Insane House Rules
- The John Cena Heel Turn Begins?
- WWE Survivor Series 2016 Results — Brock Lesnar Jobs to Goldberg, The Shield Temporarily Reunite & Nikki Bella Injury
- Goldberg Should Face John Cena at WWE WrestleMania 33
- Saturday Night Live: WWE’s John Cena Hosts SNL
- WWE SmackDown LIVE & 205 Live Results: John Cena Cuts Epic Promo
Updated WWE WrestleMania 33 Card
- Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg (confirmed)
- Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton — WWE Championship Match (tentative)
- Kevin Owens (c) vs. TBD — Universal Championship Match
- The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns (unconfirmed)
- The Big Show vs. Shaquille O’Neil (unconfirmed)
- Dean Ambrose (c) vs. TBD — Intercontinental Championship Match
- American Alpha (c) vs. TBD — SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match
- Naomi (c) vs. TBD — SmackDown Women’s Championship Match
With more than six weeks before WWE WrestleMania 33, the only match confirmed for the event prior to this week’s WWE SmackDown LIVE is the match between Brock Lesnar and Goldberg. WrestleMania 33 will air live on Sunday, April 2, from the Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida. As more information is confirmed, it will be updated at WWE’s official WrestleMania 33 preview page.
Where To Watch WWE
WWE Elimination Chamber 2017 and Elimination Chamber 2017 Kickoff can be streamed on-demand using the WWE Network. WWE WrestleMania 33 will air live on the WWE Network on Sunday, April 2.
The show 205 Live, featuring the best of WWE’s Cruiserweight Division (though technically a part of the Monday Night Raw brand), airs weekly on the WWE Network at 10/9c on Tuesday nights, immediately following SmackDown. Replays of WWE 205 Live are available to stream as soon as the show airs.
WWE SmackDown LIVE airs Tuesdays on the USA Network at 8/7c. Replays of WWE SmackDown aren’t made available on the WWE Network until several weeks after the original air date. However, a replay of SmackDown LIVE is available to stream on-demand Wednesdays via Hulu. WWE Talking Smack begins at 10:45/9:45c on the WWE Network and is immediately made available to stream on-demand.
[Featured Image by WWE]