Even on XCOM: Enemy Unknown‘s easiest difficulty setting, the game can be an unforgiving challenge, but developer Firaxis is looking to make the easy difficulty a bit easier in response to fan feedback with the next patch.
A post on the 2K Games forum says that the XCOM: Enemy Unknown patch is being prepped right now for all three platforms and that it should be out soon.
In addition to difficulty tuning, the next XCOM patch will also introduce a number of fixes, from roof visibility issues to fixes for bugs that caused the game to hang.
Here’s the full patch notes, as per the post:
- Abductor roof visibility problems resolved
- Interception game hang issues resolved
o If two interceptors are sent after UFO
o If Skyranger is returning from combat after an Interceptor was already deployed
- SHIV inaccessible issues resolved
- AI Alien Activity Hang resolution
- Multiplayer connectivity optimization
- TempleShip optimization: All Soldiers properly spawn when restarting the mission after clearing the second room of TempleShip
- Snapshot penalty should no longer apply when Overwatching without first moving.
- Easy Difficulty is now easier.
The post went on to say that the developer is looking into reports that players are being met with a game over screen when beating the game, but a fix for that isn’t likely to make it into that patch.
“Again, thanks for all the feedback and for being super patient as we prepare each patch for release,” the post reads. “We are always monitoring the forums for issues and will post as soon as we get official updates.”