Retired Lt. Col. Says Obama Watched Benghazi Attack In Real Time
Retired Army Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer said on television Saturday he has sources claiming President Barack Obama was in White House situation room watching the 9/11 terrorist attack on the United States Consulate in Benghazi, Libya in real time. Despite three urgent requests from the CIA annex, no military backup was sent for the besieged personnel of the Consulate. The CIA officially denies that these requests ever took place or that they were turned down.
According to The Blaze:
“Glen Doherty and Woods, the two former Navy SEALS who were among the four Americans inevitably murdered, allegedly disobeyed orders from superiors to ‘stand down’ in the wake of the attack. Despite being told by higher-ups not to respond, they purportedly decided to go to the main consulate building to help U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and others who were under siege. While it was previously known that these men arrived on the scene to provide assistance, the alleged ‘stand down’ orders and the repeatedly-denied requests for military assistance are new developments.”
Fortunately, these brave men did not “stand down” and their actions resulted in some lives being saved. But what was Obama doing while all this happening?
“This was in the middle of the business day in Washington, so everybody at the White House, CIA, Pentagon, everybody was watching this go down,” said Retired Army Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer. “According to my sources, yes, [Obama] was one of those in the White House Situation Room in real-time watching this.”
The Red Cross and the British had previously pulled out its personnel because they felt the situation in Benghazi was too dangerous. There had been 234 terrorist attacks in Libya in the last 16 months, with 48 terrorist attacks in Benghazi alone and 2 bombings against the United States Consulate in Benghazi. The British pulled out because there were 2 attempts on the life of the British Ambassador, and even the Red Cross was attacked.
Prior to the attack, the United States Consulate had requested additional security twice over several months but was turned down each time. The justification was that the State Department wanted to keep security “artificially low” in Libya because of a nearby “residential safe haven,” according to Reuters.
“[Obama], only he, could issue a directive to Secretary of Defense Panetta to do something. That’s the only place it could be done,” Shaffer said.
Other unconfirmed allegations include that Obama ordered an AC-130U gunship to stand down and that Obama chose to go to bed early in order to be ready for his Las Vegas fundraiser the next day.
“The issue is always political with the White House, but the secretary of defense gives the order, has to be approved by the White House, they wouldn’t pull the trigger, and it’s disgraceful,” said military analyst Col. David Hunt. “We’ve got guys dead.”