In what has to come as no surprise to anyone who watched Jon & Kate Plus 8, Kate Plus 8, or just follow the life of Kate Gosselin through the media, child services has remained interested in the family for quite some time. This comes straight from the mouth of Kate Gosselin herself, who told Good Morning America that she has been investigated many times.
Of course, Kate Gosselin then backed up that statement with a complete claim of innocence. She basically said that all the allegations brought up against her were deemed “unfounded.”
Kate Gosselin and her ex-husband Jon already had twins when she ended up pregnant with sextuplets. The two then cashed in on their children by starring in the reality series Home Delivery, as their house had to be remodeled to accommodate the now eight children.
They followed that up with Surviving Sextuplets and Twins on Discovery Health in 2005 and Sextuplets and Twins a year after that. Audiences fell in love with the children so Discovery Health signed the family for the show Jon & Kate Plus 8 in 2007.
— Us Weekly (@usweekly) November 19, 2016
Over five seasons, audiences got to know the eight kids, the lackadaisical Jon Gosselin, and the domineering and often demanding Kate Gosselin. Things ended for them in 2009 when Jon and Kate divorced.
Refusing to give up the spotlight, Kate Gosselin continued on with Kate Plus 8 until Jon forced the filming to stop for a time. The show returned in 2011 and then was on hiatus until 2014. During that time, Kate Gosselin appeared on Dancing with the Stars, Celebrity Wife Swap, and The Apprentice.
— Sites 0512 News (@sites0512org) November 4, 2016
Most recently, Kate Gosselin was back in the news for a different reason. As the Inquisitr previously reported, Kate Gosselin sent her son Collin somewhere for children with special needs and refused to tell her ex-husband Jon where their son was at.
Kate said that she believes she has the right to withhold the location of Collin from her ex-husband, although he is going to take her to court to demand to know the location.
“I’ve known all along where he is. But the world doesn’t know. And I’ll leave it at that.”
Related Articles By The Inquisitr
- ‘Kate Plus 8’ Star Kate Gosselin Headed To Court Concerning Disappearance Of Son, Collin
- Leah Remini Docuseries: Scientology Official Fires Off Letter To TV Execs
- Marc Anthony Splits From Wife, Kisses Jennifer Lopez At Latin Grammys
- ‘RHOA’ Star Sheree Whitfield Fined For Wild ‘Chateau Sheree’ Party
- ‘Teen Mom OG’ Star Farrah Abraham Bashes Co-Stars For ‘Teen Mom’ Cruise
According to Radar Online, Collin won’t even be allowed to come home for Thanksgiving. The website says that they spoke to a person at the facility and the spokesperson said that patients are not allowed to leave for the holidays although there will be longer visiting hours.
The facility also said that children under 18 cannot visit, so there is a good chance that Kate Gosselin won’t be able to come see Collin for Thanksgiving because she would have to leave her other seven children behind to do so. Kate believes it is all for the better.
“Collin has special needs. [There’s] a fairly fluid diagnosis of what those needs are, but he needs to learn certain strategies to help him deal with things. This has been a struggle we’ve had for a very long time, and it’s one I’ve dealt with on my own.”
Needless to say, Kate Gosselin is remaining in the center of controversy. Between her battles with Jon Gosselin concerning their kids and her own son being locked away with special needs kids, she has a lot on her plate. Kate says she doesn’t pay attention to what Jon says, and that will come to a head when they return to court.
Meanwhile, it is also clear that child services is keeping an eye on the Gosselin children. Regardless of all the turmoil and a child that needs help, Kate Gosselin said it is worth it because she got the 10 years of memories documented and she doesn’t regret that.
[Featured Image by TLC]