ARK: Survival Evolved is surprising Xbox One owners Tuesday. The latest update to the open-world dinosaur survival game not only came a day early but also gave console owners the Thanksgiving event before PC owners.
Xbox One owners can now download ARK: Survival Evolved patch 746.0. This brings the game up to par with the 250.0 patch, and it adds the ARK: Turkey Trial 2 event, plus the update throws in a console-specific extra.
The new ARK: Turkey Trial 2 event is the second event to hit the Xbox One as the Halloween-themed Fear Evolved 2 exits the building with this patch. The Thanksgiving holiday event will run until November 30, and it sends players on a scavenger hunt with new custom emotes as a reward, plus a temporarily tamed DodoRex.
The event will be available across all official maps such as The Island, The Center, and the Scorched Earth paid expansion, per a recent Studio Wildcard Community Crunch.
“ARK: Turkey Trial 2 will throw survivors into a large-scale scavenger hunt and allow them to carve up the rare “Super-Turkeys” unleashed across the ARK! By harvesting sufficient Super Turkey Wishbones from these bloodthirsty, genetically-modified creatures, players can craft their very own stylish “Chieftain” Hat, or choose to summon the devastating DodoRex creature to do their bidding for a limited period of time.”
PC owners should expect to see the ARK: Turkey Trials 2 event with patch 251 scheduled for November 23.
Meanwhile, the first round of quality of life improvements hits the Xbox One version of ARK: Survival Evolved. Studio Wildcard is starting the cleanup work to get the Early Access title ready for the official release, and that means improving usability.
The ARK: Survival Evolved builders ability to cycle through snap points has finally been added. Survivors have long suffered from moving their character around to find the correct snap point when placing walls, floors, ceilings, fences, and other objects. The buttons used to cycle through snap points has not been confirmed yet, but this article will be updated as soon as the patch is downloaded.
Starting now for the next 24 hrs the Official ARK Network (PC & Xbox) is experiencing an Evolution Event! 2x Harvesting, 2x Taming, 2x EXP! pic.twitter.com/BCFf5WNPuk
— Jen (@bubblywums) November 15, 2016
Other quality of life improvements includes expanding the Preserving Bin capacity to 24 items. This means plenty of room for both fuel and items that need to be refrigerated now. Meanwhile, a new Dino command has been added to “Ignore all Whistles.” This means the dinosaurs you want to stay in one spot will indeed stay in one spot when a tribemate unthinkingly does a “Follow All” whistle.
Tribes no longer need to worry about their own members or allies setting off Tripwires now. A new option has been added for them not to be set off by friendlies with the default to not be set off by allies.
The ability to color lights is also new to ARK: Survival Evolved. Players can now paint the bulbs of electric lamps to create lights the color of the paint. This is just in time for the Christmas holidays around the corner.
Who else is loving the colored lights in v250 like we are? Rainbow bridge got more fabulous. Let's see those colored lights! pic.twitter.com/umxBCe0okz
— Adam (@thelilpanda) November 8, 2016
Finally, the console specific change is the ability to switch between third-person and first-person views by tapping the right bumper. Xbox One players previously had to exit out of the game and change a game option to switch views.
Other non-quality of life changes include Platform Dinos adding 20 percent of the weight from creatures and players standing on them. This is a significant balance change as they previously took none of the weight from players or other dinos standing on their platform.
Additionally, killing Alpha Wyverns and Alpha Deathworms now reward trophy heads. Meanwhile, Alpha Mosasaurs have added quality fishing rods to their loot table.
As covered by the Inquisitr, Studio Wildcard is starting the process of wrapping up ARK: Survival Evolved to exit Early Access. A PlayStation 4 release is coming in December, followed by the full launch of the game in early 2017. The next couple of months will be spent improving performance, improving the quality of life, and adding missing features across all platforms. This also includes new features like the Tek Tier.
Here are the complete patch notes for the ARK: Survival Evolved 746.0 patch from the official site with the improvements from the PC 250.0 patch.
- ARK: Turkey Trial 2, running from Nov 16 thru Nov 30! New challenge and cosmetics! Earnable Emotes!
- Conclusion of Fear Evolved event: the Fear Evolved Structures will be removed, but any earned Cosmetic Items and ZombDodos/ZombWyverns remain!
- You can now toggle First Person and Third Person Riding with the “Right Bumper” while riding
PC patch 250.0
- Fix of Procedurally Generated ARK crashes, massive reduction in generation and loading time,
- 1 new mythos Explorer Note for each character
- “Ignore All Whistles” option for Dinos
- Per-Alarm-Tripwire Option for Tripwires to not be set-off by Tribemates or Allied Tribes. (defaults to not be set off by Allies)
- Alpha Mosasaurs now drop quality fishing rods
- Preserving Bin now has 24 item slots
- Alpha Wyvern and Alpha Deathworm Trophy heads
- Platform Dinos now add 20% of the inventory weight from creatures/players standing on them (previously was 0%)
- Imprinted baby walking now respects the server’s “AllowAnyoneBabyImprintCuddle” setting
- Underwater mines no longer target wild dinos
- You can now paint the bulbs of electric lamps which will colorize the lighting which comes from them
- Fixed issue where you could upload engram-crafted items to Cross-Server and they would disappear
- Fixed issue with Industrial Cooker not properly using up water container when crafting
- Fixed an issue with unstasising structures occasionally being invisible on client
- Sloped Roofs now properly used for indoors calculation
- Redid all 3D Dino Dossiers to look & be more accurate to original 2D concepts
- Fixed longstanding issue of movement getting stuck on trees in permanent Falling physics state
- Snap Point Cycling! Press ‘Q’ (‘give default weapon’ key) or ‘Z’ (‘defecate’ key) when placing to cycle thru all nearby Snap Points
[Featured Image by Studio Wildcard]