Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump: Gingrich, GIuliani, Pence, Priebus, Flynn, Mnuchin, Eisenberg, named as possible cabinet members by NBC soures.

Potential Trump Cabinet Members Named? Giuliani, Gingrich, Priebus Rumored To Be Among Administration Choices

NBC News is reporting on anonymous comments said to be made from within the Republican presidential campaign with regard to potential Donald Trump cabinet members, if the Republican nominee for president of the United States is able to beat current predictions and win tomorrow. The Heritage Foundation, a conservative group, is said to be taking part in “vetting” potential members of a Trump cabinet.

Presidential election odds-maker FiveThirtyEight currently gives Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton a 69.6 percent chance at winning tomorrow. Trump’s odds are seen at 30.4 percent.

Some of the names included in the NBC report as being under consideration for a Trump administration include former house speaker, Newt Gingrich as secretary of state; former mayor, Rudy Giuliani as attorney general; retired Lieutenant General Michael Flynn as national security advisor or defense secretary; Steve Mnuchin, involved in Trump’s campaign finance, as treasury secretary; and Lew Eisenberg, the RNC finance chair, as commerce secretary.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump White House administration: Gingrich, GIuliani, Pence, Priebus, Flynn, Mnuchin, Eisenberg, named as possible cabinet members by NBC soures.
Former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich with Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump at a rally in Cincinnati, Ohio, in July. [Image by John Sommers II/Getty Images]

RNC Chairman Reince Priebus is thought to be a potential chief of staff in a Donald Trump White House. Though his potential role remains elusive, Governor Mike Pence is said to be expected to play a “major role” in any Trump cabinet.

“They’re thinking, ‘We need to find that balance between someone who knows how Washington works and someone who shakes things up,'” the NBC source said with regard to Trump’s consideration of Priebus as chief of staff. Priebus is also described as earning “Trump’s trust” as the campaign wore on, repeatedly defending him, while other Republicans dropped their support.

With so many top conservatives refusing to vote for Trump, and others, such as U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan, appearing reluctant to say his name, as previously reported by the Inquisitr, the campaign has reportedly been “reaching out” to those with experience in Washington, according to an unnamed member of the George W. Bush administration.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump administration: Gingrich, GIuliani, Pence, Priebus, Flynn, Mnuchin, Eisenberg, named as possible cabinet members by NBC soures.
Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani with Donald Trump in Wilmington, North Carolina, in August. [Image by Sara D. Davis/Getty Images]

Other names in play are said to include Senator Jeff Sessions, Trump’s “official transition chief” and Governor Chris Christie, whose potential involvement remains unclear.

High-profile names from the Trump presidential campaign, including Campaign Manager Kellyanne Conway and CEO Steve Bannon, are said to be leaning toward moving on after election day.

Bannon is reportedly expected to return to conservative news website Breitbart where he is expected to be a “prime mover of Trump’s message as president,” if the Republican is actually elected.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump: Giuliani, Gingrich, Pence, Priebus, Flynn, Mnuchin, Eisenberg, named as possible cabinet members by NBC sources.
Donald Trump with RNC Chairman Reince Priebus in Detroit, Michigan, in March. [Image by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images]

Despite reports with regard to the Trump cabinet currently being floated, spokesperson for the campaign, Hope Hicks was said to state that “none of this is accurate,” with regard to the NBC article.

Before FBI Director James Comey announced yesterday that Hillary Clinton was no longer under investigation for emails related to aide Huma Abedin’s estranged husband, former congressman Anthony Weiner, as reported by the Inquisitr, discussion swirled with regard to whether comments Rudy Giuliani made about a coming surprise on Fox News were related to a letter to Congress by the FBI director two days later, as reported by the Inquisitr.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump: Priebus, Gingrich, GIuliani, Pence, Flynn, Mnuchin, Eisenberg, named as possible cabinet members by NBC soures.
J.S. Dorton Arena in Raleigh, North Carolina, earlier today. [Image by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images]

The former mayor denied having any “inside” information, but admitted to receiving reports of discord within the bureau with regard to the handling of the Hillary Clinton-server investigation from “retired” federal agents.

Rudy Giuliani has been a vocal Trump supporter and surrogate throughout the 2016 presidential race.

Appearing on Fox & Friends and asked if there was any truth behind the rumors about possible Trump cabinet members, retired Lieutenant General Michael Flynn denied any knowledge of the talks.

“No,” Flynn answered. “You know what? The goal is, and the objective is, to win tomorrow.”

The retired general went on to predict a Donald Trump presidential victory, but lamented the fact that the American people have become the “judge and jury” over the past 10 days, and past year, with regard to Hillary Clinton’s emails and other events.

[Featured Image by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images]

Comments