Posted in: News

Garrett Reid Died Of Accidental Heroin Overdose, Coroner Finds

Garrett Reid Died Of Accidental Heroin Overdose, Coroner Finds

Garrett Reid, the son of Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid, died of an accidental heroin overdose, a coroner said on Thursday.

The finding was in line with earlier reports that death of the son of Andy Reid was drug-related. Northampton County Coroner Zachary Lysek announced the findings with investigators, CBS News noted.

At the scene of Garrett Reid’s death, investigators had found drug paraphernalia. Northampton County District Attorney John Morganelli noted that investigators found 47 syringes and 65 needles, most of them unopened. They also found syringes and spoons.

“We are confident today that Mr. Reid’s death was the result of a self-injected lethal dose of heroin,” he said.

The 29-year-old Garrett Reid had been found dead in his dorm room in August while visiting his father at the Philadelphia Eagles’ training camp. Because Garrett had grown up around Eagles players and personnel, the team’s general manager Howie Roseman issued a statement following his death, calling it “a tough morning for all of us in the Eagles’ family.”

Reid was staying in the dorm at Lehigh University in Easton, Pennsylvania while he helped the team’s strength and conditioning coach, ESPN reported. Though Garrett Reid had struggled with drug addiction during his life, reports were that he had begun to change his life around. Shortly following his son’s death, Andy Reid indicated that Garrett may have suffered a relapse.

Aside from heroin, investigators said they also found 19 vials of an unknown liquid in Garrett Reid’s room, though they didn’t give details on what it could have been.

Articles And Offers From The Web

Comments