Well, it’s that time of week again. President Obama and Mitt Romney will meet tonight at Hofstra University in New York to discuss the economy, job growth, foreign policy and big bird. The 2nd Presidential Debate is an extremely important national event that could be a major influence on the November election. It’s also a great excuse for binge drinking.
But there are two things that have to get mentioned before we proceed.
- Check out the drinking game from the first Presidential Debate here.
- Drink responsibly. If the two candidates start making sense you’ve probably had too much.
There are plenty of drinking games that you can play for the 2nd Presidential Debate.
The Bro Bible has players taking sips, swigs, and chugs for various statements throughout the debate. For really ridiculous statements players have to take shots. The Bro Bible’s best rule: A rowdy chant of USA! USA! when either candidate mentions veterans.
DebateDrinking.com has its players pick a candidate to play with during the debate. Obama drinkers take sips for phrases like “let me be clear” while Romney drinkers will take sips when he inevitably says “ObamaCare.” DebateDrinking.com’s best rule: Take a drink every time a candidate introduces a numbered plan. Drink for each number point.
The National Journal divides their drinking game into one drink, two drink, and red alarm events. The National Journal’s funniest Red Alarm event: Obama calls in Biden to debate in his place.
Here’s the Inquisitr’s Drinking Game for the 2nd Presidential Debate.
One sip when:
- Someone mentions “Obamacare” or “Romneycare,”
- Anytime Ronald Reagan or Bill Clinton get mentioned.
- Anytime Michelle Obama or Ann Romney get mentioned.
- Anytime Paul Ryan of Joe Biden get mentioned.
- Anytime a story is told about a random citizen. (ie. Let me tell you about Joe the Plumber from Ohio…)
Take two sips when:
- Obama mentions 47%
- Obama mentions Big Bird.
- An audience member tears up during a question. (It’s a town hall debate. The questions will come from the audience.)
- Either candidate calls the other one a liar. (Phrases like “that’s malarkey” and “that’s not true” count.)
- Candy Crowley ignores an audience member’s question to ask her own.
Chug your beer when:
- Obama starts singing. Keep drinking until he’s finished.
- The candidate’s talk over their allotted time. Drink until they finish speaking (Careful with this one. The time limits were completely ignored during the first debate.)
Finish your beer when:
- Romney starts singing.
Are you playing a presidential debate drinking game tonight? You can watch the debate live online here.