Being late can cause blood pressure to rise, encourage all sorts of road rage, and generally get you in trouble with the police. So in order to make your life a little smoother the traffic police in London, Ontario Canada, have some suggestions for drivers.
Wit the addition of a few props and some imagination Sgt Tom O’Brien suggests the following ideas that could eliminate the stress of being late or possibly endangering the lives of those around you.
- Go to the junk yard, get an old “flat” tire, throw it in the trunk or back seat and before entering the office, rub your hands all over it to offer evidence of your struggle to change a tire.
- Dab just a little amount of gasoline on your hands, then blame your significant other for leaving the vehicle “empty” and forcing you to push the car to the nearest gas station, or walk with a gas can.
- Same excuse as above but you had to call a tow truck because the gas station was too far away.
- Have a pair of pants with the knees torn out of them to explain that on the way to work you saw someone pushing their vehicle and while helping them push you slipped, scraped your knee, ruined your pants and had to return home to change.
- Buy a realistic arm cast, keep it in the glove box, slip it on — presto instant hospital visit.
Source: Ottawa Sun – Police tell drivers to lie to their bosses
Sgt. O’Brien says that while the police don’t normally encourage people to lie but if it means safe road travel then by all means stock up on those props and excuses.