What has 24 legs, 12 big hearts, over $125 billion, and the desire for charitable giving? The Titans of Philanthropy.
Forbes Magazine has gathered the 12 Titans of Philanthropy for the 30th annual Forbes 400 issue. The Forbes 400 issue ranks the richest people in the world who have given the most money away. Warren Buffett, Oprah Winfrey, Bill Gates, Melinda Gates, Peter Peterson, Leon Black, Jon Bon Jovi, Marc Benioff, David Rubenstein, Steve Case, Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen, and Marc Andreessen will grace the cover.
So how do you become one of the Titans?
- Bill and Melinda Gates have given away nearly $28 billion. They have also started the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Warren Buffett has pledged to give away 99 percent of his wealth.
- Jon Bon Jovi has fed thousands through his new Soul Kitchen project.
- Leon Black and his wife Debra donated $48 million to a new visual arts center at Dartmouth College.
- Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen and Marc Andreessen will give away half of their wealth.
- David Rubenstein donated $7.5 million to fix the Washington Monument.
According to Forbes, the photo was taken by Michael Prince in the Trustees Room at the New York Public Library during the first ever Forbes 400 Summit on Philanthropy. More than 160 billionaires attended the summit, but only the “Titans of Philanthropy” will grace the cover.
“The cover was shot dozens of times in advance using stand-ins to ensure perfect lighting and focus when the actual subjects arrived. When they did, it was a magic. $126 billion of personal net worth, incredible business achievement — and a desire to change the world on a massive scale. It was a moment of business and philanthropic history — and a photo for the ages.”
Here’s a look at the new Forbes cover.
Here’s a video from Forbes.