Former Nick star Amanda Bynes, 26, has been charged with two misdemeanor hit-and-run counts after an incident earlier this year.
The charges are part of a rough year for Amanda Bynes, who was involved in several driving-related infractions, two of which were back to back. In April, Bynes was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving after she clipped a sheriff’s patrol car.
Bynes pled not guilty to the charge of suspicion of drunken driving back in April, and Los Angeles City attorney’s spokesman Frank Mateljan said she was charged in the April 10 and August 4 incidents on Tuesday in Los Angeles.
Mateljan confirms that Bynes is set to be arraigned on the two hit-and-run counts on September 27 in Van Nuys. According to celebrity gossip site TMZ, word is that Bynes could face jail time in the cases as she fights the third charge as well:
“As TMZ first reported, Bynes allegedly rear-ended a BMW, and fled the scene while driving a rental on the 101 Freeway. The L.A. City Attorney’s Office rejected the case because there was no independent witness to finger Amanda as the suspect … Law enforcement sources tell us that all changed when Bynes was accused, yet again, of hit-and-run on August 4 … We’re told prosecutors have decided to re-open the April incident — which means Amanda could end up with 2 misdemeanor hit-and-runs … with each carrying a max sentence of 6 months.”
Publicist for Amanda Bynes, Melissa Raubvogel, has not commented on the charges.