Watch The Democratic National Convention Live [Video]
A week after Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, and Clint Eastwood gave their speeches at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, President Obama, Betty White, and Kal Penn are getting ready to hit the stage at the 2012 Democratic National Convention (DNC) in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The DNC, like the RNC, will be broadcast live through various channels. YouTube and Ustream will both have live video from the Democratic Convention. BarackObama.com and DemConvention.com/Live will also be broadcasting live from Charlotte.
You can also watch the convention on your phone with the Democratic National Convention Committee Mobile App. The convention will also be streamed simultaneously in Spanish.
Obama For America Deputy Campaign Manager Stephanie Cutter said:
“We are revolutionizing the way political conventions are done by making Charlotte 2012 more open, accessible and relevant to the American people… This is one more innovative and unprecedented way we are engaging every supporter in the President’s vision for moving America forward, empowering voters all over the country to get involved with what’s happening in North Carolina this week, and growing our organization at the grassroots level.”
In addition to the live coverage, the DNC will also include a we-only event hosted by Kal Penn. Live From Charlotte will kick off on September 6 at 8 pm EST. The web-only program will include interviews with campaign officials and celebrities like Marc Anthony, Elizabeth Banks, Aisha Tyler, Olivia Wilde, Fran Drescher, Zach Braff, and Alexis Bledel.
Here are some of the live video feeds from the 2012 Democratic Convention.
You can watch coverage of the DNC from PBS, The Wall Street Journal, CBS, and other news outlets here.
Here are some of the highlights from the DNC that you might want to see live.
6:00 PM – 7:00 PM (LOCAL)
- The Honorable Barbara Lee - Member of the US House of Representatives, California
- Lieutenant General Claudia Kennedy (Retired) - First woman to reach rank of three-star general in the US Army
- The Honorable Cory A. Booker - Mayor of Newark, New Jersey
- The Honorable Bev Perdue - Governor of North Carolina
- Mary Kay Henry - International President of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
- The Honorable Charles Gonzalez - Member of the US House of Representatives, Texas
- The Honorable Nydia M. Velázquez - Member of the US House of Representatives, New York
- The Honorable Pat Quinn - Governor of Illinois
- Doug Stern - Cincinnati, Ohio Firefighter
- The Honorable Tim Kaine - Candidate for the US Senate, Virginia
7:00 PM – 8:00 PM (LOCAL)
- The Honorable Anthony R. Foxx - Mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina
- The Honorable Harry Reid - Democratic Majority Leader and Member of the US Senate, Nevada
- Joe Kennedy III - Candidate for the US House of Representatives, Massachusetts
- The Honorable Robert Wexler - President of the S. Daniel Abraham Center for Middle East Peace
8:00 PM – 9:00 PM (LOCAL)
- The Honorable R.T. Rybak - Mayor of Minneapolis, Minnesota
- The Honorable Jared Polis - Member of the US House of Representatives, Colorado
- Nancy Keenan - President of the National Abortion Rights Action League – Pro-Choice America (NARAL)
- The Honorable Tammy Duckworth - Candidate for the US House of Representatives, Illinois
- The Honorable Lincoln Chafee - Governor of Rhode Island
- The Honorable James E. Clyburn - Assistant Democratic Leader and Member of the US House of Representatives, South Carolina
- The Honorable Xavier Becerra - Democratic Caucus Vice Chair and Member of the US House of Representatives, California
9:00 PM – 10:00 PM (LOCAL)
- The Honorable Ted Strickland - Former Governor of Ohio
- The Honorable Rahm Emanuel - Mayor of Chicago, Illinois
- Kal Penn - Former Associate Director of the White House Office of Public Engagement
- Lilly Ledbetter - Women’s equality leader and namesake of the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act
- The Honorable Deval Patrick - Governor of Massachusetts
10:00 PM – 11:00 PM (LOCAL)
- The Honorable Martin O’Malley - Governor of Maryland
- The Honorable Julián Castro - Mayor of San Antonio, Texas
- Michelle Obama - First Lady of the United States