Sylvester Stallone Breaks Silence On Son Sage’s Death
Sylvester Stallone has been somewhat of a missing presence during some of the promotion for his new film The Expendables 2 — and with good reason too. Although the actor has attended most of his worldwide press stops, Stallone hasn’t been seen in the US since the tragic death of his son Sage Stallone, 36, who was found dead in his LA home with bottles strewn about.
Tuesday morning, Stallone stopped by Good Morning America to promote his action flick The Expendables 2 but also opened up about the death of his son since his passing last month. Speaking out about his personal tragedy, Stallone said:
“It’s very, very tough. It’s a horrible situation, but time hopefully will heal, and you try to get through it, but it’s just something that’s a reality of life.”
Sage Stallone, who made his acting debut alongside his action star father in Rocky V, had two teeth removed prior to his death. According to his mother, Sasha Czack, the mixing of prescribed medication may have been the cause. So far, tests are still being run for the coroner’s report. In addition various tests are still being run, and word hasn’t been released on the toxicology report either, which could tell whether or not drugs were in his system at the time of death.
Sylvester Stallone also told Good Morning America about how he’s trying to keep in good spirits in the wake of Sage’s death, saying, “It’s important to get back and try to start reliving your life, otherwise you can go into a spiral.”