The Aurora Shooter’s lawyer recently announced that the parents of James Holmes, accused of killing 12 and wounding many more at the midnight premiere of The Dark Knight Rises in Aurora, Colorado, are standing by their son.
The family of suspected Aurora Shooter, James Holmes, has announced that they will stand by the PhD dropout in the upcoming trial, where he will stand for the murders of 12 innocent movie-goers and wounding 58 more, reports ABC News. When asked if the family will support Holmes, lawyer and family spokesperson Lisa Damiani said “Yes they do. He’s their son,” in a press conference.
As to how the family of the accused Aurora shooter is holding up, Damiani said that they were doing “as well as anyone could under the circumstances,” adding, “I think everyone can imagine how they’re feeling… anyone who’s ever been a parent.”
Damiani is representing 24-year-old James Holmes, the alleged Aurora shooter, who made his first court appearance on Monday in a Denver suburb, reports CBS News. He is currently being held without bond. Damiani refused to answer questions regarding Holmes’ contact with his family – whether they have had any regular contact with Holmes, and whether or not they are estranged from him.
Arlene Holmes, the mother of Aurora shooter James Holmes, finally broke silence today as well, to clarify comments made to a reporter the morning after the shooting. It was previously reported that Arlene said “You have the right person,” when asked if her son perpetrated the acts now referred to as the “Dark Knight Massacre,” though in a press conference arranged by Damiani, Arlene confirmed that her comments had been misrepresented, and that she was referring to herself in the phone interview.
Holmes made his first court appearance yesterday, exhibiting strange and erratic behavior. He was not arraigned, nor did he enter a plea.