Usain Bolt Pulls Out Of Race, Promises To Be Ready For Olympics
It hasn’t been Usain Bolt’s best week. The World’s Fastest Man was beaten twice by his country man Yohan Blake and now he’s decided to withdraw from his next race.
Bolt said that he will not be running the 200 meters race at the Monaco Diamond League meet on July 20th due to a slight injury. The disputed world’s fastest man said that he wants to rest up to make sure that he is ready for the 2012 London Olympic Games.
Bolt’s coach, Glen Mills, said:
“After careful assessment I have had to withdraw him (Bolt) from the Samsung Diamond League Meeting in Monaco on July 20 to give him sufficient time for treatment and time to train and prepare for the Olympic Games in London.”
Bolt was beaten by Yohan Blake in both the 100 and 200 meter races during the Jamaican Olympic Trials. USA Today reports that Bolt, who is the world record holder in both the 100 and 200, had his hamstring stretched out after the 200 meter race last week.
Bolt won the a couple of gold medals in 2008 at Beijing when he set records in both the 100 and 200 meter races. Bolt said that he would be ready to race for gold again at the 2012 London Olympics.
“I am happy to have earned my spot on the Jamaican Olympic team despite the challenge. I will be in London to defend my titles in the 100, 200 and 4×100 meters. I want to congratulate my fellow Racers Track Club Members along with the other athletes who made the team. I thank everyone for their support.”
Do you think Usain Bolt will be able to capture gold at the 2012 London Olympics.