Jennifer Aniston has wowed fans on the small screen and on the big screen, but she has more to her than just her good looks and acting talent. Here are 10 fascinating facts about Jennifer Aniston that most fans probably don’t know.
1. Movie Pilot reports that when Jennifer Aniston was 11-years-old, one of her paintings was put on display in the Metropolitan Museum of Art. This was after honing her artistic talents at the Rudolf Steiner School.
2. Jennifer Aniston and her ex-husband, Brad Pitt, met because they were set up on a blind date — by their agents!
Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt pt 3 pic.twitter.com/DksYNyQAgn
— P E O P L E (@timelessbebes) December 27, 2015
3. Aniston hated the haircut she was given when playing Rachel Green on Friends. It turns out her stylist was high (he later admitted this!) when he cut it, and while women everywhere loved the look, she absolutely hated it.
— Patricia Pilcher (@enzhair) October 28, 2015
— cass (@cLgoodies) October 21, 2015
“Let’s say there have been moments I’d rather not re-live, like that whole Rachel thing. I love Chris, and he’s the bane of my existence at the same time because he started that damn Rachel, which was not my best look. How do I say this? I think it was the ugliest haircut I’ve ever seen.”
4. A major rift formed between Jennifer Aniston and her mother after her mother published a memoir about Aniston in 1999. The two have since reconciled, but Aniston had a very hard time with it for quite some time.
“She had a temper. I can’t tolerate that. If I get upset, I will discuss [things]. I will never scream and get hysterical like that. [But] I was never taught that I could scream. One time, I raised my voice to my mother, and I screamed at her, and she looked at me and burst out laughing. She was laughing at me [for] screaming back. And it was like a punch in my stomach.”
5. Aniston was Goth for a while when she was young.
“At one point, my hair was shaved about an inch above the ear. I had the short hair and the big black outfits and the black liquid eyeliner that made me look like a vampire, with all sorts of pins sticking out of my body parts.”
*Takes deep breath* I own a snap of Courtney Cox holding a box of Tampax. Will ONLY swap for Jennifer Aniston as a goth pic.twitter.com/llXJEh4E
— Madame Shand (@bb_shand) January 29, 2013
6. The epic love story on Friends was originally supposed to be between Joey and Monica, but when the writers saw the chemistry between Aniston and David Schwimmer, they changed their minds.
joey and monica were originally intended to be the main couple on the show pic.twitter.com/zeJ0RT68Iq
— bloopers friends (@bloopersfriends) December 6, 2015
7. Jennifer Aniston would have become a therapist if she hadn’t become a famous actress. She spent years going to a therapist to get help dealing with her anger.
“Her whole thing with me was really saying, ‘You have to stand up for yourself in life…’ She was really trying to help me deal with anger and learning how to express it without feeling terrified that I was going to get murdered in response.”
8. There was a big white dog in Chandler and Joey’s apartment, and it actually belonged to Jennifer Aniston.
— F.R.I.E.N.D.S Fan (@friends_quotes1) July 21, 2014
9. Aniston struggled in school and eventually found out, in her 20s, that it was because she is dyslexic.
“I thought I wasn’t smart. I just couldn’t retain anything. Now I had this great discovery. I felt like all of my childhood trauma-dies, tragedies, dramas were explained.”
10. Finally, according to E! Online, Jennifer Aniston and new hubby, Justin Theroux, had not even seen their own wedding photos, at least not as of October of 2015. This is despite the fact that they were married in August!
[Photo by Tinseltown/Shutterstock]