Miley Cyrus impressed everyone with her sweetness and charm at a young age on the Disney Channel starring as Hannah Montana. Since then she has gone on to storm the world of music in a big way, even outdoing her once-famous father, country singer Billy Ray Cyrus. However, there are some pretty crazy facts about Miley Cyrus that are out of this world: even for die-hard Miley Cyrus fans.
1. According to Booms Beat, Miley Cyrus’s dad, country singer Billy Ray Cyrus, named her and her name was originally Destiny Hope. He thought the name would help her bring happiness to the world, but she apparently disagreed, legally changing her name to Miley in 2008. Miley was derived from her childhood nickname, “Smiley.”
— Ben Mureithi (@BenMureithi) December 24, 2015
2. Despite her ultimate success as Hannah Montana, initially Miley Cyrus’ dad didn’t want her to audition for the part.
“I think he just didn’t want me to feel any kind of rejection. He didn’t want me to be hurt by the industry.”
3. Despite her fame and fortune, Miley Cyrus plans to go back to college at some point in her future.
“I am a firm believer that you can go back at any age you want, because my grandma went back to college at 62-years-old.”
4. Miley Cyrus’ mother enjoys embarrassing her – intentionally!
“When she’s being embarrassing, she’ll call me ‘sweet girl.’ When we were getting ready for the VMAs, I was about to put on my teddy-bear costume and she’s like, ‘Sweet girl, do you need to potty before you put your costume on?’ I’m like, ‘Mom! Kanye is standing right here!'”
— Miley Cyrus News (@SmilerGun) August 23, 2014
5. Heavy reports that despite everything Miley Cyrus has done, and all of her accomplishments, her biggest role is still that of Hannah Montana.
An industry source reveals that Cyrus’ franchise is worth a billion dollars, even though she was paid less than her peers on equivalent shows airing at the same time.
“Miley is worth a billion — but she’s not making a billion on TV. But her franchise is worth a billion.”
6. Even though she didn’t make much as Hannah Montana, Miley Cyrus makes plenty touring the world as a musician. She has made more than $100 million on tour, but most importantly, she absolutely loves it.
“I was doing a show two nights ago, and I was wearing butterfly nipple pasties and butterfly wings. I’m standing there with my t*** out, dressed like a butterfly. How the f*** is that fair? How am I so lucky?”
7. But even though Miley Cyrus feels so lucky, she has had her share of tough times. Movie News Guide reveals that she has battled with depression and a health problem called tachycardia, which is a more rapid than normal heart rate that she has had since birth.
8. Why Does Miley Cyrus stick out her tongue? Movie Pilot reveals that she does it as some sort of “nervous tick.” Apparently, Cyrus gets nervous and embarrassed when her photo is taken and she doesn’t feel that she can smile properly.
— Galore (@TheGaloreMag) December 3, 2015
9. Miley Cyrus has a pet pig named Bubba Sue.
10. Zimbio reports that Dolly Parton is Miley Cyrus’ godmother. Parton described Cyrus’ musical talent in a 2008 interview.
“She’s like a little Elvis. The kids love her because she’s Hannah Montana, but what people don’t realize about her is she is such a fantastic singer and songwriter. She writes songs like she’s 40-years-old! She’s really deep.”
[Photo by Dave Kotinsky/Getty Images]