Posted in: Crime

Man Pulls Gun On Neighbor For Farting

New Jersey man threatens neighbor with a firearm over farting

A man threatened his neighbor with a gun for a “flatulence attack” in front of his home Monday, according to authorities.

A 72-year-old New Jersey man has been charged for threatening to shoot his neighbor in front of his own home, reports NY Daily. The suspect said that his neighbor passed gas so loudly in the vestibule of their building that he heard it inside his apartment – then he smelled it. Instead of letting the whole thing pass, Daniel Collins of Teaneck produced a .32-caliber revolver and threatened his gassy neighbor, telling him that he would “put a hole” in his head.

Collins had apparently been long-involved in a noise dispute with the 47-year-old neighbor who tooted in the lobby of the building, according to Det. Lt. Andrew McGurr. The neighbor told police that Collins confronted him in the vestibule of the building located at 694 Cedar Lane at around 9:25 p.m., according to NJ.com. Collins admitted to authorities that he had confronted the neighbor after the farting incident, but denied threatening him with a gun. A later search of Collins’ car produced the .32-caliber in question.

Collins was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, unlawful possession of a firearm, and making terroristic threats. After being processed, he was released, according to authorities.

Let it now be known that the new law regarding flatulence possession is “he who smelt it might bust a cap in he who dealt it.” Be careful and be courteous ‘lest you be shot.

Collins' mugshot

Articles And Offers From The Web

Comments

3 Responses to “Man Pulls Gun On Neighbor For Farting”

  1. Anonymous

    My best friend makes $375 per hour on the internet, working from home few hours daily just using the Google! I have joined too recently and already made $1000, just last week! For more info visit url.az/careertrends.

  2. Theresa Green

    I am blown away! Are these people for real? Maybe the fault lies with the building code in that there is inadequate sound insulation. Perhaps had it been sound-proofed this would never have happened.