Samsung Galaxy S III Explodes While Inside Car Mount
An Irish owner who claimed his Samsung Galaxy S III exploded is now having his devices examined by Samsung’s own experts. The user claims that he was driving with the Samsung S III mounted in his car when all of a sudden a “white flame, sparks and a bang came out of the phone.”
The screen continued to operate after the explosion but the phone’s antenna was fried, causing a full loss of reception.
After receiving news of the blown up Samsung Galaxy S III the company released the following statement:
‘There have been recent online posts displaying pictures of a Samsung Galaxy S III that appears to have heat-related damage at the bottom of the device. Samsung is aware of this issue and will begin investigating as soon as we receive the specific product in question.”
The statement continues:
“Once the investigation is complete, we will be able to provide further details on the situation. We are committed to providing our customers with the safest products possible and are looking at this seriously.’
Overheating issues could not come at a worse time for the team at Samsung as the Galaxy S III prepares to launch on all of the major wireless carriers in the United States and in parts of Canada. With no other overheating reports at this time there is of course the chance that the explosion was an isolated incident.
At least the phone didn’t experience the meltdown while being held in the users bare hand.
Do the photos shown above make you second guess your decision to buy a Samsung Galaxy S III when it goes on sale in North America?