With the rumors of an ISIS attack at WWESurvivor Series no longer considered a serious threat by the federal government or the WWE, the oldest showbiz adage applies: the show must go on. Seven matches have been announced for tonight’s event, although the details for at least three of those matches have yet to be determined. The following is a preview — and relevant predictions — for WWE Survivor Series 2015.
- WWE Divas Championship Match: Charlotte (c) vs. Paige — Coming in to her own as the “Anti-Diva,” Paige is a former two-time WWE Divas Champion. She’s firmly establishing herself as the top heel in the Divas division, and her history with current champion Charlotte is well-documented. This is just one of many pairings that have a very legitimate chance of being the match of the night. Vaughn Johnson of Philly.com predicts that Charlotte will defeat Paige and retain the Divas Championship.
- Brothers of Destruction vs. The Wyatt Family — Although they haven’t come out and said it explicitly, WWE is playing it up like this is the Undertaker’s final Survivor Series, twenty-five years after his WWE debut at Survivor Series 1990. The Dead Man and his brother, Kane, will face off against two members of the Wyatt Family. Bray Wyatt will be the one making that decision, and it looks like no one will know until just before the match starts. With all of the promotional material for the event centered around this match, it wouldn’t be shocking if they saved this match for last, despite cutting down the rest time for the winners of the tournament semifinals. It seems unlikely that Undertaker and Kane would lose cleanly to any Wyatt pairing, but the Survivor Series is known for controversial finishes. Josh Wilding of What Culture predicts that Kane will turn on the Undertaker in this match.
25 years ago today. A man known as The Undertaker made his WWE debut. 25 years later, he's arguably the GOAT. pic.twitter.com/Gp6DIhmDMI
— PWM (@ProWrestlingMag) November 22, 2015
- Dolph Ziggler vs. Tyler Breeze — WWE could have used a Traditional Survivor Series Elimination match with these guys on opposite teams. That way, the feud is still addressed at Survivor Series, but you can put even more build into a match for TLC in December. We haven’t seen a lot of Tyler Breeze in the ring since he first interrupted Miz TV, but this match also has the potential for match of the night. Dolph Ziggler always wants to put on the best performance of the night, and Tyler Breeze wants to impress with his first major WWE event. Bobby Melok of WWE.com predicts that Dolph Ziggler will defeat Tyler Breeze at tonight’s Survivor Series. Summer Rae, who has been wrapped up in controversy with Dolph Ziggler recently, will be in Prince Pretty’s corner, hoping to see The Showoff get shut down.
- Traditional 5-on-5 Survivor Series Elimination Match — WWE released an official Survivor Series Update on their site five days ago to announce that a Traditional 5-on-5 Survivor Series Elimination Match will take place tonight. Since that announcement, no mention was made of the match on WWE programming, and no further information was revealed. We don’t even know who the competitors will be. With an enormous roster and no obvious storylines that would lead to this match-up, Anthony Riccobono on the International Business Times predicts Cesaro as the sole survivor in a match that would team the Swiss Superman with the Dudley Boyz, Neville, and Ryback to face a combination of The New Day and the Cosmic Wasteland.
- WWE World Heavyweight Championship Tournament Semifnal Match: Roman Reigns vs. Alberto Del Rio — The general consensus is that Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose will face off in the finals, with one of them turning heel. Alberto Del Rio has just returned, and already won the United States Championship. While WWE does pull a good swerve on occasion, no signs indicate they’ll do so tonight. Ray Dilbert of Bleacher Report predicts that Roman Reigns defeats Alberto Del Rio tonight.
WWE World Heavyweight Championship Tournament – Semifinales: Roman Reigns vs. Alberto Del Rio. pic.twitter.com/3QebTOBS6D
— WWE Argentina. (@_wwearg) November 22, 2015
- WWE World Heavyweight Championship Tournament Semifnal Match: Dean Ambrose vs. Kevin Owens — If these two guys stay healthy, they will be headlining pay-per-views and major WWE events in the near future. Owens hasn’t held the Intercontinental Championship for very long, and few people think he’ll advance to the finals. Ryan Pappolla of WWE.com goes against the popular pick, predicting that Kevin Owens will defeat Dean Ambrose.
— WWE (@WWE) November 20, 2015
- WWE World Heavyweight Championship Tournament Final Match — Again, even before the participants for this tournament were announced, people predicted it would come down to Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose, with one of them likely turning heel. That line of thinking still has a chance to be realized tonight. Dave Richards of CBS Sports thinks WWE will book Sheamus to cash in “Money in the Bank” at Survivor Series.
The Survivor Series Kickoff begins in 7/6c and can be streamed live on the WWE Network. The WWE Survivor Series 2015 begins immediately afterwards at 8/7c.
[Image via WWE]