After seven games, the Miami Heat have won their way into the 2012 NBA Finals. Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh will go up against Kevin Durant and the OKC Thunder. The best of seven series starts tomorrow, June 12th, in Oklahoma City.
Both teams were ranked at number two heading into the playoffs but Durant and the Thunder will have home court advantage. The first two games will be played in Oklahoma City. The next three will be played in Miami. The series returns, if necessary, to OKC for game six and seven.
Here’s the 2012 NBA finals schedule. (Game 5, 6, and 7 if needed. All times for EST.)
- Game 1 – Miami at Oklahoma City, 9:00 p.m., Tuesday, June 12
- Game 2 – Miami at Oklahoma City, 9:00 p.m., Thursday, June 14
- Game 3 – Oklahoma City at Miami, 8:00 p.m., Sunday, June 17
- Game 4 – Oklahoma City at Miami, 9:00 p.m., Tuesday, June 19
- Game 5 – Oklahoma City at Miami, 9:00 p.m., Thursday, June 21
- Game 6 – Miami at Oklahoma City, 8:00 p.m., Sunday, June 24
- Game 7 – Miami at Oklahoma City, 9:00 p.m., Tuesday, June 26
The 2012 NBA Finals will air on ABC. You may also be able to watch the game on ESPN 3 (but depending on your location the game may be blacked out.)
Are you going to watch the finals? Who do you think will win? The Miami Heat of the OKC Thunder?
Lebron James silenced some of his critics with his performance during game 6 and 7 against the Boston Celtics. But James, as well as the super-team of James, Wade, and Bosh, have yet to win a title. Of course, Durant and the Thunder haven’t won a championship either.
So who will win the NBA finals?