Lake Norman High School Yearbook Photo Allegedly Shows Teen’s Genitals

A student at Lake Norman High School is the subject of controversy after a photo of her exposing her genitals appeared on page 14 of the yearbook students paid $100 for this year.

The photo was taken during the 2011 graduation ceremony and went unnoticed until this year’s book. The Huffington Post reports that the photo depicts nine students smiling and laughing, with some looking away from the camera.

The teen, whose identity has not been released by the school district, is standing in the front row, lifting her gown up to her waist.

WSOCTV reports that a mom who has two children at the school stated:

“When it was brought to my attention from my child, I was appalled.”

Another student at the school pointed the picture out on Facebook, saying:

“Leave it to Lake Norman to have a crotch shot in the yearbook.”

The school district was slow to respond, saying that the photo was probably an accident. Dawn Creason said on Wednesday, according to WSOCTV, that:

“Really looking at that image, we’re not sure that’s what it is at all. We think it was the way she was sitting and the angle of her gown. We’re not convinced at all that you’re seeing what you think you are.”

The mom told WJBF that:

“It should never happen again and someone should really look at everything they put in these yearbooks so that it can never happened again.”

WJBF reports that students put together the yearbook, with the help of a faculty advisor. The school district has notified parents, including the parents of the girl pictured in the controversial photo. Students will be able to get a refund for the book, or send it back in exchange for an edited version.

[iframe src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/IVHUMxCaJX0? width=”560? height=”315?]

Share this article: Lake Norman High School Yearbook Photo Allegedly Shows Teen’s Genitals
More from Inquisitr