Naughty Dog is gearing up to release the next free patch for Uncharted 3, which brings the version number up to 1.11 and includes several new features and improvements.
Perhaps the most welcome change to be introduced in Uncharted 3 patch 1.11 is how the game deals with the dreaded “ragequitters.” From now on, anyone who leaves a game prematurely, disconnects, or turns their console off, will be given a loss.
The latest Uncharted 3 patch also re-introduces the Elimination mode, one of the more popular modes from Uncharted 2. In case you’re unfamiliar with the mode, think of it as “last man standing”–your team are afforded no respawns, and every time you or someone from your team is the last man standing, your team earns a point.
In addition to that, you’ll also be getting yet another mode from Uncharted 2, called “The Lab.” This mode is more of a playlist than an actual mode–Naughty Dog plans to shift gametypes every so often. The developer says the first will be a “T-bolt/Pistole-only” map.
Below you can find the Uncharted 3 1.11 patch notes in text form or, if you prefer, in video form. After you get done checking that out, be sure to let us know what you think in the comments below.
– The Lab returns and we begin the playlist with a T-bolt/Pistole-only map. We will be rolling out other game types as the year progresses.
The Lab will contain treasure drops from whatever the base game type is (the T-bolt/Pistole map is considered Team Deathmatch)
– Elimination Mode has been added.
Elimination mode will contain treasure drops from Team Deathmatch
– Message of the Day returns – a daily message will pop up with news, tips, and other information.
– The following custom game settings are now available via a menu in Custom Game mode called “Advanced Settings.”
Buddy Spawning toggle
Health Multiplier – by percentage
Weapon Mode (Default, Basic Weapons, Pistols, RPG-7)
Medal Kickbacks toggle
Grenade Throw Back toggle
– If you leave a game, disconnect, or turn off your PS3 mid-game, it will be counted as a loss.
– Kill and deaths no longer count towards your career stats in Plunder and Team Objective modes
– The technical hooks to make the Game of the Year edition (EU) work properly with DLC were added
– In Team Deathmatch mode the Airstrip and London maps now are listed with “No Intro” variations. If these variations are selected you’ll start those maps with no convoy events.
– The Long Ranger Medal can now be earned by achieving 3 kills at 50 meters in a match instead of 3 kills at 70 meters.