Whitney Houston’s autopsy released Wednesday delivered grim details of the events that lead up to the singer’s death. The final autopsy report revealed that Houston, who was discovered face-down in her hotel room’s bathtub, had a spoon containing “white crystal like substance” and a mirror found in a drawer which was covered with a white powdery substance.
While Houston’s autopsy report does not specify the substances, toxicology tests revealed that cocaine was found in her heart. Xanax, cannabis, Flexiril, and Benadryl (an allergy medication) were also discovered in the singer’s body after toxicology tests.
In an infamous televised interview, back in 2002, with ABC’s Diane Sawyer, Houston told Sawyer:
“The biggest devil is me. I’m either my best friend or my worst enemy.”
Whitney Houston dying did not appear to be on the actress-singer’s personal agenda as she was in the process of making a comeback film, Sparkle, in which she plays a mother of three struggling with fame and addiction which isn’t a far cry from her own life.
While Houston’s death was ruled an accidental drowning, the evidence available might lead one to believe that drug abuse played a significant role. Heart disease and cocaine use were also cited as factors which contributed to her death.
A notation left by an investigator indicated that the singer had a hole in her nose which was listed under “history of substance abuse.”
With unspecified white substances on mirrors and in spoons, the idea of Whitney Houston involuntarily losing consciousness while taking a bath and subsequently drowning does not sound all the unlikely. Whatever the case, one can rest assured that fans around the world will miss the talented Whitney Houston.